Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Encopresis?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 6 year old was diagnosed with this. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this? Thank you!

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM
No experience here, sorry. Here's a bump.
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM

i dont

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I do. My 16 year old has had this his entire life.
karenl
by Karen on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Do you mind if I ask if your 16 year old has other issues as we'll? My son has global delays and probably ADD. I was hoping he would grow out of it. 

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: I do. My 16 year old has had this his entire life.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
No he's fine otherwise. I noticed this when he was four months old though.

Quoting karenl:

Do you mind if I ask if your 16 year old has other issues as we'll? My son has global delays and probably ADD. I was hoping he would grow out of it. 

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: I do. My 16 year old has had this his entire life.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:54 AM

What is it?  I've honestly never heard of it before.

karenl
by Karen on Feb. 16, 2014 at 1:03 PM

It's when the child resists having a bowel movement, resulting in soiling of their underwear, and they get impacted. I must have washed 20 of his underwear today. I think we are going back to pull ups for now, ugh...

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!

Quoting karenl:

It's when the child resists having a bowel movement, resulting in soiling of their underwear, and they get impacted. I must have washed 20 of his underwear today. I think we are going back to pull ups for now, ugh...

Quoting darbyakeep45:

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:40 PM

oh my gosh. I wrote a lot about this. I was trying to look for the link, but i think its gone :(

Yes, I went through it b/c DS had a stomach bug and pooping was a little stingy (he said, "there's a tiger in there)... and so he held it in and finally he pooped just a little drop and then it was just runny....

Mostly, I just gave him lots of fiber rich foods (fruits) and water and kept an eye on him when it looked like he needed to go potty and rushed him to the potty.

A couple of times, (i think just once) I gave him a kids suppository...

If you google kids and constipation, there are lots of natural ways to deal with it. Better than suppositories cause it can create a cycle of constipation....

Also, I used diaper rash cream w/ 40% zinc oxide...

Hope this helps mom

karenl
by Karen on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the advice! My son eats like 5 things and no fruit or veggies so that doesn't help! 

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

oh my gosh. I wrote a lot about this. I was trying to look for the link, but i think its gone :(

Yes, I went through it b/c DS had a stomach bug and pooping was a little stingy (he said, "there's a tiger in there)... and so he held it in and finally he pooped just a little drop and then it was just runny....

Mostly, I just gave him lots of fiber rich foods (fruits) and water and kept an eye on him when it looked like he needed to go potty and rushed him to the potty.

A couple of times, (i think just once) I gave him a kids suppository...

If you google kids and constipation, there are lots of natural ways to deal with it. Better than suppositories cause it can create a cycle of constipation....

Also, I used diaper rash cream w/ 40% zinc oxide...

Hope this helps mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN