Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

anyone else loathe the fact your kid is sn?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • 30 Replies
It could mental, phyiscal or learning, I just feel awful sometimes that my kiddos going through this. I hope the best for them and think on the bright side for them, but sometimes I really wish they didn't have to go through this issues

Thanks ladies. Loathe might have been too strong of a word, but I wrote this after a site change on dd insulin pump. It seems every other time we go and do it, starts with the 'why me? I hate this, Im done with having this, its not fair'. She is fine normally but she remembers what life was like a year and half ago and now its different and a huge inconvenience. .
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:19 PM
3 moms liked this

sure ,  really ,really hard to take sometimes , it numbs me out and i cant think  sometimes 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:44 PM

I've had that thought every once in while. Those times are few and far between though. 

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Yeah I have days where I hate it.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:52 AM
5 moms liked this

Not really.  I know that sounds strange, but my son is the happiest kid on the planet.  He doesn't feel like he's missing out on anything in life, so why should I?  He doesn't have an easy life and has a terminal illness.  We will bury our own child one day, but we can't spend time focusing on that or we will miss out on what life has to offer our son.  I think he's perfect and don't wish him to be any different than he is.

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM

I feel guilt sometimes but I'm trying to work through that. 

Rosebud27aj
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Actually, I hardly ever think about them being sn. 

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It is what it is. And he has lots of gifts other kids don't have like a bigger than life personality, lots of heart, and a beautiful smile. Maybe if he had all his genes he would have just been average. :)
angelenia
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:36 AM
I hate that i have this freaky smart extrwnely high functioning autistic child and yet i feel overwhelmed and lost most days. His sensory issues have escalated since his last big growth spurt. He is having more frequent meltdowns from the increased over stimulation and it is getting harder to head off or redirect him in time. But compared to other moms with children who are less functional, my life is a cakewalk. What is wrong with me that i am struggling so much when i have it comparatively easy? I don't reach out for support because i am ashamed that i feel this overwhelmed.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Lothe... I dont feel like thats the right word for me.. Dos it break my heart somedays thatvhe has it tough.. Yes.. Could it be worse... Yes.. Would I love for him to be healthy, happy, easy.. In a heartbeat.. 

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

HUG! Your post sounds a lot like my guy and a lot like me... HUG 

Quoting angelenia: I hate that i have this freaky smart extrwnely high functioning autistic child and yet i feel overwhelmed and lost most days. His sensory issues have escalated since his last big growth spurt. He is having more frequent meltdowns from the increased over stimulation and it is getting harder to head off or redirect him in time. But compared to other moms with children who are less functional, my life is a cakewalk. What is wrong with me that i am struggling so much when i have it comparatively easy? I don't reach out for support because i am ashamed that i feel this overwhelmed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN