Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

headed home

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
With 2 more ASD diagnoses confirmed.

its been a long and exhausting day. The kids are so tired. Dh took them out at the end to watch a movie in the van while I got the final meeting with the team.

both kids are considered mild autism. Jeremiah is also red flagged for ADHD. They were able to give us even more resource material than last time and some advice on getting the school to continue their therapies. So, its been a good, informative, productive day. Thanks for the prayers.

btw, the knowledge I've gained from this group helped me be able to have a conversation with a mom whose little girl has cf. Y'all have taught me so much 😊. Love you ladies!
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM
I'm so glad its over and now you can move forward. You got a great husband there.
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Glad you got the dx!   

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I'm so glad you got some answers. I hope things move forward easier from here.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Glad you were able to get answers and an official dx!
Lennyloves
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Glad you are finally getting to relax. My ds went through two hours of speech evaluations today and that was exhausting. Im sure you and the kids are spent having to go through all that times two.

Hugs and glad you walked away with answers and help:)
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I'm glad you finally got the official dx. Now maybe they'll stop the nonsense with delaying therapy.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I'm glad you got answers and information to help you move forward.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:51 AM

I'm glad you got the answers you needed!  I'm delighted you were able to talk to another mom with a CF child...was that child being evaluated for ASD too?  Hugs!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM
I'm not sure. ADHD I think.

it was really neat. She was 5, had just gotten out of the hospital after a 2 week round of iv antibiotics, and was running around playing with our kids. She looked so healthy. I never would've guessed she had cf.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I'm glad you got the answers you needed!  I'm delighted you were able to talk to another mom with a CF child...was that child being evaluated for ASD too?  Hugs!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM
*HUGS*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)