Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

IEP review today.

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

Well today at 3:25 I have an IEP meeting to review Lina's IEP for the new school. They sent me a rough draft of the IEP so that I could look over it and right up any questions that I might have. I've never gotten one to go over before hand before. I was able to write up some questions and some suggestions or concerns that I have. There are also some things that I need to have clarified. I am rather excited about going to this one. I really think moving into this district even by a combination of chance and design was a really good idea. Lina has made some real progress in just a month or so than she has in the last year and a half of school. I know it wasn't the other teacher's fault she kept being given more and more children and it made it harder for her to work with the kids as much as she had in the very beginning. When left her class had gone from 8 to 14 with a teacher, 2 full time aides, 2 volunteers that were part time. 

Update after meeting.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gloria1025
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Great to hear that you have a good feeling about it - good luck!

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Good Luck! I've never gotten an IEP to review before hand either! That's a fantastic thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Thank You. From talking to the staff yes I really do feel good about this.

Quoting Gloria1025:

Great to hear that you have a good feeling about it - good luck!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I know in 7 years (age 3 -10) I've never gotten one. This is rather exciting. 

Quoting Cindy18: Good Luck! I've never gotten an IEP to review before hand either! That's a fantastic thing!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM

That is great she is doing so well in the new school!!!  And so good you got the IEP early!  That should be an automatic!! 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM

You would think so but Lina has been in school since she was 3 she is 10 now and this is the first IEP I've gotten before the meeting.  

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

That is great she is doing so well in the new school!!!  And so good you got the IEP early!  That should be an automatic!! 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Oh, I understand.  I don't get them either.  But I think we should!!!

Quoting Linagma03:

You would think so but Lina has been in school since she was 3 she is 10 now and this is the first IEP I've gotten before the meeting.  

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:17 PM
I'm so glad to hear you are optimistic and hope the meeting and Lina's experience is a great one at the new school!

It is mandatory in Maryland that we get a draft copy of the IEP at least 5 business days before the meeting. It is VERY helpful to have it to be prepared!
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Good luck!

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM

how did it go ??????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)