Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Well today at 3:25 I have an IEP meeting to review Lina's IEP for the new school. They sent me a rough draft of the IEP so that I could look over it and right up any questions that I might have. I've never gotten one to go over before hand before. I was able to write up some questions and some suggestions or concerns that I have. There are also some things that I need to have clarified. I am rather excited about going to this one. I really think moving into this district even by a combination of chance and design was a really good idea. Lina has made some real progress in just a month or so than she has in the last year and a half of school. I know it wasn't the other teacher's fault she kept being given more and more children and it made it harder for her to work with the kids as much as she had in the very beginning. When left her class had gone from 8 to 14 with a teacher, 2 full time aides, 2 volunteers that were part time. 

Update after meeting.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Replies (11-14):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Hope things went well!  Let us know!

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Update please!!!!

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That's amazing!

I wish this was the standard and not the exception!

Quoting jjamom: I'm so glad to hear you are optimistic and hope the meeting and Lina's experience is a great one at the new school! It is mandatory in Maryland that we get a draft copy of the IEP at least 5 business days before the meeting. It is VERY helpful to have it to be prepared!

jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:25 AM
I agree. I don't know what I'd do if we ever moved out of state and they didn't do it, since that is the way I have always done it. I really like the ability to go in prepared! Wouldn't it be great if all parents had the opportunity to know in advance what the school planned to propose?

Quoting Cindy18:

That's amazing!

I wish this was the standard and not the exception!

Quoting jjamom: I'm so glad to hear you are optimistic and hope the meeting and Lina's experience is a great one at the new school!

It is mandatory in Maryland that we get a draft copy of the IEP at least 5 business days before the meeting. It is VERY helpful to have it to be prepared!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN