Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What to do..

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm in a terrible predicament my son goes to his fathers place 4 nights a fortnight.. A few weeks ago he came home with scissor cuts on his leg from his step brother. The wounds hadn't seen a dr so I had to take him to one..
Now this week he came home with a bruise from the same step brother the size of a baseball..
Both of them have special needs but what do I do? He is genuinely scarred of his step brother...
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:13 PM
I would not allow him to go. It sounds like an unsafe environment to me. Are his visits with his father court-ordered? You would probably need to file something legally for a hearing, if so. Have you spoken to Dad about the incidents?
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM

I wouldn't send him. Are you documenting them with photos? Maybe contact your lawyer and ask about having visitation revoked for now, until either the step brother isn't there or someone can keep a closer eye on the situation. 

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:17 PM

dont let him go , and tell the father why and that your son is scared to go there

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the ladies. Don't send him and make sure that you document everything with pictures and doctors reports if he needs to see a doctor. If the visits are co then file a motion right away to stop visits due to dangerous situation. If the father isn't concerned enough to fix the problem I would not let him go back. A kid should never be scared to go see the other parent.
Mummyh
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:12 AM
The thing is he wants to see "daddy" but not with step brother there.. The step brother has special needs but I wonder how it would go in court. If you know what I mean?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM

I agree with these ladies...you need to have a conversation with the Dad here and figure out what's going on.  Hugs!

jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Could Dad come to your house, without the step brother, for visits?

Quoting Mummyh: The thing is he wants to see "daddy" but not with step brother there.. The step brother has special needs but I wonder how it would go in court. If you know what I mean?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)