Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am SN and my DS is in the process of being diagnoised

HI everyone...I hope I am in the right place. I am a single mom to a boy I have neurofibromatosis type 1 and my son is in the testing/final stages of being diagnosed with ADHD/ADD and sensory processing disorder. I do not have much support from my family, they dont belive in it and think its overly diagnoised and that it is only diet related.

I just need some advice and I honestly dont know what else.

Again I am not sure if this is the right place. and sorry for spelling and grammar issues its apart of the NF1

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Replies (21-23):
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Quoting Linagma03:

Welcome to the group. Yes you are in the right place. I hope you will feel like you have lots of friends here in a short period of time. This is a great place to talk, give and get advice or ideas, vent, brag. It has been a real help to me having found these other Moms! 

Thank you, I am feeling like I am a bit of a island, new to this, grateful to finally have a voice and that I am being heard by the school, (thank God for homeschooling) need some support...I dont want my son judged he is a good kid...just needs a little extra help.

Thanks for the warm welcome though.

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Welcome! My son has ADHD, spd as well as cmt1a. 

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:24 AM
Hi! I have 2 kids with NF1 and ADHD as well. One of my kids has sensory issues that she's receiving OT for. The other one has learning disabilities. It's tough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)