Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Feeling alone

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
Any other moms just feel depressed warn out and just want to cry, how do other moms stay strong how do you get through the day, any one feel guilt I just have had flood of emotions I just don't know what to deal with yes I am in tharapy
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thenewhope
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM

YES, I feel that same way some days I don't know how i get through the days and then we have the great ones I cherish alot the days go smoothly I have 2 kids that are special needs and both are having a hard time understanding each other. I know if you can take some time for YOU i know its hard. It be helping me get through the  hard days . 

love_my_angels
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Yeah I have 2 kids both sn I just feel I'm over loaded and I'm just gonna crash

Quoting Thenewhope:

YES, I feel that same way some days I don't know how i get through the days and then we have the great ones I cherish alot the days go smoothly I have 2 kids that are special needs and both are having a hard time understanding each other. I know if you can take some time for YOU i know its hard. It be helping me get through the  hard days . 

proudmomalexis
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Yes.. most days I'm overwhelmed.I have sn dd and a dh who is challenged plus Im school counsel president.. im not intherapy and somedaysi dont handle it at all. some days I'm doing okay. I try and meditate. you are not alone
proudmomalexis
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
but the last few weeks I went out with my mom once w just us to see a woman comdien at church then with my mom and a friend for dinner and a show...getting out for an evening made me feel good and ready to tackle my life again. im here for you.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!  We all feel that way at times...I just try to focus on the  positive things in my child's life and how far he's come.  We are here for you!

Mommy2justone
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I do every so often. We are in the process of adopting and I had the horrible "Are we doing the right thing" thought once early on. It was horrible and I will never forgive myself for thinking that. He is ours, and he will always be ours. 
I found that talking to other parents in the same situation as we are helps, just having someone to vent to or to cry on their shoulder.
Here we are, go for it.
I think therapy is a wonderful thing, and I wish I could afford it, LOL!! I Think all moms of special needs kids need someone to talk about their feelings with.

((HUGS)) 

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:42 AM
We all get that way sometimes mama. I've got 3 with and some days (weeks, months) are worse than others. It was harder in the beginning when we just started having to try to wrap our minds around it all.
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I have these days at times. Most days I'm able to just keep moving on, but every once in a while things get overwhelming and I end up losing it and crying.

Hang in there, momma. Vent here if it helps!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I get overloaded just about every day, and often feel like I am the only one that really understands what it takes to meet the daily needs of my 3 sn kiddos.  I don't get the depressed/guilt as I know it is not my fault we are in this situation (not your fault either) and know I am doing all I humanly can for my kids.  I still am exhausted, overwhelmed, behind on everything, stressed, anxious, tired daily.  But I am very solid in my thoughts that I was the right mom to be given these children.  They were meant to be mine because I can fight for their wrights in school, I can handle the constant running from therapy/doctor appts, I can give them the extra in home therapies they each need, I can encourage them to be all they are going to be far beyond what most people would expect they are capable of becoming.  I can accpt each of their disabilities, diagnosis, and just love them for the kids that they are, and not focus on what society thinks they lacking.  And I can find joy in even the tinyest bit of progress, a giggle, a hug, or a smile.  Each night I go to bed way beyond my limit, but each morning I wake up to do it all over again, and I'm lucky I have that chance.  You are all this too, for your kids.  You're just tired, worn out, and past your limit right now.  We all get there, and like we all do, you will dig your way out and catch a break somewhere that will give you renewed start to keep on going.  I hope it comes soon, hugs!!!

drowningmama
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I drink wine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)