Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Speech Vitamins???

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM
  • 25 Replies

Has anyone tried 'speech' vitamins with their kids called SPEAK? I had an autism meeting tonight where a speech pathologist was the speaker. She said several of her non-verbal patients have had success with these Speak vitamins/supplements. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them. I put a couple links below that tell a little about them as I really am not a resource.

http://www.speechnutrients.com/

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Product-Categories/Antioxidants-carotenoids/Omega-3-vitamin-E-mix-shows-potential-for-autistic-speech

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CBMama06
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Never heard of them.. Gonna check the link out..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of them, but I don't have a nonverbal kiddo either. I'm curious now...
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I have never heard of this. But i think if they really worked it would be all over the news.  My son has autism. And hey if taking some meds could get him to talk better i would try it. Cause his main way to talk to us is a speech device but every few weeks it brakes on us. So im back to trying to guess what he needs and wants.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM

She said they are for all kids with speech issues and autism 

Quoting arkansasmama08: Never heard of them, but I don't have a nonverbal kiddo either. I'm curious now...

letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

this is all new to me

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
That's interesting. My son has a carnitine deficiency, I wonder of Omega 3 and E would help him. He takes L-Carnitine. He's taken a couple different supplements meant to help with cognitive function and to improve stuttering. We haven't found the right one yet.
yo_ho
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Following. My Lil one has speech delays and hypotonia. He is improving, but I would get some if it would help more.

lorelei10
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I give my child zija. It is an organic powder form of moringa olifera. It has every bit of nutrition possibly needed by the human body and its amazing. My son has been making leaps and bounds in progress. A friend who is close to me also has an autistic child who used to bang her head until it was bloody during her melt downs.. about a week after taking it she was calming down and the head banging episodes decreased dramatically. This stuff is pure liquid GOLD!!! Im telling you... Its almost like breast milk!!!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:33 AM

My little girl is like that.  She is 5.5 and no words yet.

Quoting yo_ho:

Following. My Lil one has speech delays and hypotonia. He is improving, but I would get some if it would help more.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Never heard of it.  I'll need to google and learn more about it.  Glad you found something that works for you.

Quoting lorelei10:

I give my child zija. It is an organic powder form of moringa olifera. It has every bit of nutrition possibly needed by the human body and its amazing. My son has been making leaps and bounds in progress. A friend who is close to me also has an autistic child who used to bang her head until it was bloody during her melt downs.. about a week after taking it she was calming down and the head banging episodes decreased dramatically. This stuff is pure liquid GOLD!!! Im telling you... Its almost like breast milk!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)