Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

sometimes they learn bad things at school...

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM
  • 20 Replies
Jeremiah just said " haha f*** you". My jaw dropped! Those ugly words coming out of my sweet boy! I sent his teacher a text. Mama is not thrilled. Only a couple more months of school...
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought you homeschooled?

Is he in a special needs class? My son has a classmate with Autism who (ironically) my daughter worked with in ESY as a volunteer the year before she joined my son's class and my daughter told me all of the foul things she used to say to the teacher and aide. She liked my DD, but did get mad at her once and told her "f you". Anyway, Alex doesn't seem to have picked up foul language, but I swear he has been giving people the finger lately. Lucky for us his fine motor skills are pretty bad in his hands and it isn't as obvious as it could be!
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Oh man! I have trouble keeping dd from saying those words at school. She gets them at home from fil. Ugh!
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
We do the older 2, but Jeremiah has been in preschool this year for socialization. Its been good for the most part. He is not in a sn school. We only have one in our area but they ONLY take kids with SSI. No private pay or state pay. I will be homeschooling all 3 next year

Quoting jjamom: I thought you homeschooled?

Is he in a special needs class? My son has a classmate with Autism who (ironically) my daughter worked with in ESY as a volunteer the year before she joined my son's class and my daughter told me all of the foul things she used to say to the teacher and aide. She liked my DD, but did get mad at her once and told her "f you". Anyway, Alex doesn't seem to have picked up foul language, but I swear he has been giving people the finger lately. Lucky for us his fine motor skills are pretty bad in his hands and it isn't as obvious as it could be!
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM
On the upside, Jer doesn't understand what it means or how to use it. He said it kind of singsong.

Quoting mandee1503: Oh man! I have trouble keeping dd from saying those words at school. She gets them at home from fil. Ugh!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Oh my. 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Lina hasn't said that one but has used some others. I told her they were bad words and not to say them again so then she would ask me if xxx was a bad word or this one or that one. I was almost tempted to tell her to just cuss because she was asking about common words and driving me nuts. She actually asked me if nuts was a bad word because she told her sister she was nuts. Most I sure she learned here at home even tho I try real not to cuss sometimes it slips out and a couple I know she got from school.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Oh my goodness!  Moments like this make me glad my son doesn't talk:) 

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Quoting Linagma03: Lina hasn't said that one but has used some others. I told her they were bad words and not to say them again so then she would ask me if xxx was a bad word or this one or that one. I was almost tempted to tell her to just cuss because she was asking about common words and driving me nuts. She actually asked me if nuts was a bad word because she told her sister she was nuts. Most I sure she learned here at home even tho I try real not to cuss sometimes it slips out and a couple I know she got from school.

D does the exact same thing! He asks if words are bad all the time, makes me nuts. Oops! I said a bad word lol. Now he's asking me if shows have bad words or not. There was an ad about a show on space which I said we should watch and he primly asked if it had bad words.
Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:00 AM
D went to Kindergarten and I wasn't impressed with the socializing he got. He started talking in an ugly tone of voice, used potty words, and learned some pretty lewd dance moves.
Cindy18
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

you can't shelter them from stuff like that, unfortunately. What you can do is teach them your morals on things and keep teaching them over and over and over. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN