Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I can't believe it

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

I really can't believe it.  It's just all so new to me right now, and I can't believe my son will get all this help.

I made a post last week about my son being evaluated for Long term care Medicaid and the EDCD Waiver in the state of Virginia.  Well, he was accepted and received the waivers.  I should have the official letters by the end of April at the latest.  

Not only does he qualify for up to 45 hours/week of a personal care attendant & 40 hours/month of skilled respite (LPN), he also qualifies for another Medicaid program called EPSDT (Early, Periodic, Screening, Diagnosis, & Treatment), and through this program, he will get private duty nursing for 8 hours/day, 7 days/week.  

Oh. My. Goodness.  My son will have his very own private nurse that will be with him 8 hours each day, going with him to school, appointments, therapy, wherever he goes, the nurse goes.  

I'm speechless, grateful, and amazed right now.  

We met with the Director of Nursing for the company that we are going to work with for his private duty nursing and skilled respite.  She was very nice and Brady loved her.  

His services should start around the beginning of May.  

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:31 PM

OMG! That is so great. I know you were a little worried about how it was going to go. It's so wonderful that it has gone so quickly and he is getting all of this. I bet it is going to be such a huge help to you and it's got to be somewhat of a stress reliever for you.

congrats

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes!  Huge help to me...all in the nick of time as my husband is going back to sea duty in a few months and he will be gone for a while.

Quoting Linagma03:

OMG! That is so great. I know you were a little worried about how it was going to go. It's so wonderful that it has gone so quickly and he is getting all of this. I bet it is going to be such a huge help to you and it's got to be somewhat of a stress reliever for you.

congrats

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Then double wonderful! 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Oh yes!  Huge help to me...all in the nick of time as my husband is going back to sea duty in a few months and he will be gone for a while.

Quoting Linagma03:

congrats

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM
That's do awesome! I'm so happy for you guys 😊
dawncs
by Dawn on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so happy for you, Jeff, and Brady. You all deserve it in life Darby since Jeff works so hard in the Navy. He deserves to have one less worry in life while serving our country.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM
That's awesome!!!!!!
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Wow! That is awesome and I'm so glad you will get it before DH goes out to sea again!
raysma07
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:41 PM

That Is so great I am really happy for you !

way to go

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Quoting dawncs:

I am so happy for you, Jeff, and Brady. You all deserve it in life Darby since Jeff works so hard in the Navy. He deserves to have one less worry in life while serving our country.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

darby, I am so happy for you and for brady! That is great!!!!! :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN