Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it ever end? *UPDATE*

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM
  • 39 Replies

Update - I spoke with Brady's neurologist today, even though he's on vacation...he's a great guy!  He was very concerned that Brady's had so many seizures in a such a short time.  He has increased his anti-seizure medication and he stated if things don't get better soon, then he will put Brady on Valium to help calm his brain down.  Let's hope this does the trick!

You get one thing taken care of, one situation managed, one issue dealt with, and you just hope that things will calm down for a bit.  Yeah right.  Who was I kidding?

It's always something.  ALWAYS.  This just never ends.  And I don't think it ever will end.

Brady has had 6 seizures in the last 10 days.  That may not seem like much to some people who's children have multiple seizures every single day, but that's a LOT for Brady.  We just increased his anti-seizure medication, and he's been on the new dosage for about 2 weeks now.  The reason we increased it was because he was having more seizures...more frequently than he had been having them.

Brady has convulsive seizures, absence seizures and gelastric seizures.  All of them.

I emailed his neurologist this morning, so I should hear back from him tomorrow.  He's really good about getting back with me quickly.  Something isn't right with my little boy.  My husband is even worried, and that doesn't happen often.

I'm so ready for bed.  It's not even 8:00.  I might just go to bed anyway.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charley31
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Oh my god I'm soo sorry. I hope you get some rest and some answers. I'll be praying for u and Brady.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks.  You, of all people, know exactly how I feel.  Between the special needs of both of your boys, you totally get it.  I only have one child...I can't imagine having more than one.  Hugs!

Quoting charley31: Oh my god I'm soo sorry. I hope you get some rest and some answers. I'll be praying for u and Brady.

arkmomma06
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Hope he gets better soon
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Quoting arkmomma06: Hope he gets better soon

raysma07
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I am so sorry Darby I really hope Brady gets better soon I will keep him in my prayers!

hugs

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Quoting raysma07:

I am so sorry Darby I really hope Brady gets better soon I will keep him in my prayers!

hugs

Jenn8604
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irislady17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM
(Hugs) I hope things start to get better for you guys soon. The seizures are scary! Hopefully the Dr gets back to you really soon and you are able to get some answers on why they are increasing.
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM
The first thing I learned about sn kids is that it is always something. I'm sorry hun. I hope they figure out what the problem is and quick! None of mine have had seizures but I'm sure its terrifying. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Chrysdrew
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I am sorry to hear that. Before Autumn I never realized how hard seizures can be to manage and even how much harder finding the right the medication. Just when you think you have a good mix, something goes wrong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)