Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

where are you from: a guide to finding moms near you with children of similar abilities and special needs

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:23 PM
  • 35 Replies
I saw a post in the venting booth and a mom had a special needs child and cant find anyone near her. Lets help her and everyone else find someone near them they can connect with. I will put the area I am from and what my child's special need is. The next person if she is from the area and has a child with a similar special need will quote me, so we both know we're from the same area and have kids with some of the same issues. If you don't see your area and the same special need add it. Everyone double check to see if it has been posted or not. If we want we can message others in our area and possibly meet up, so we can find support besides online. Also if your child's special need is very rare and you just want to connect with someone who's child also has it and is wherever feel free to quote as well. Let's try to find some new friends with kids of similar abilities, so the moms can help each other and become a support group IRL too. Good Luck!

ETA: If your child has multiple dx, but one fits someone else's go ahead and quote them and compare notes on the one thing your kids have in common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:24 PM
I'm from the greater st. Louis area and my son has autism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I'm from western nc. I have an 8 year old son who has cmt1a, spd and ADHD. 

Irislady17
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We're in northern Illinois my son is a preemie with, cp, and feeding/GI issues
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I'm in Southwest WA and Lina has abnormalities on 2 chromosomes with many other issues: mental impairment at 50%, seizure disorder, medical issues that do not interfere with her daily activities. 

mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM
I'm in central CA and ds has cp.
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I'm in Arkansas and my three have high functioning autism.
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Michigan. I have an adult son with autism and a teen son with dyslexia.

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:29 AM
DFW area, NF1 and ADHD
beantheween
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Just north of DFW, DD 7 has Aspergers, ADHD, and SPD
Lordgodempress
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM

My youngest child has Pendred Syndrome, it causes hearing loss.   I would love to meet anyone with this syndrome or a child with it but I havent met anyone else with it I'm in Fort Collins Co, She is also going to be tested for Dyslexia soon.  I also have a teenager with anxiety, depression, agoraphobia, hypochondria and panic disorder. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)