Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first tornado watch of the year! **update **

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
Fun fun! And, as usual, dh gets to work through the fun. We're prepared and the kids know what to do. We don't have a siren put here though, so we have to rely on the news, Facebook weather page, and the sky. After the last tornado killed a neighbor 3 houses down from us, I'm a bit nervous lol.

**well,it stayed quiet until about 10:30. It stormed pretty good, but not as bad as they were saying it would. When the weather man posts on Facebook "prepare for the worst" that's what I do lol. Only Zack woke up from it, so he's sleeping on the couch. Other than that, all is well here. I'll check the weather in the morning and see if it got worse elsewhere. Good night ladies!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Scary!
arkmomma06
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
What part of Arkansas are u in?
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I think we're considered central. We're Johnson county. Our watch was extended from 5 pm to midnight 😒

Quoting arkmomma06: What part of Arkansas are u in?
dawncs
by Dawn on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM

You and your family are in my prayers for a safe tornado season!

jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM

That is scary.  Hope all goes well.

arkmomma06
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Oh OK.

I'm in jonesboro
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Yes tornado season is a real bitch. I grew up in NW Illinois and we'd get things ready when the first tornado watch was issued. Mom would put the things in the small bathroom in the basement so we'd have what we needed when and if we had to take shelter. I don't mess those days.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM
I'm from Washington, mixed to Nebraska in 03, and moved from there to here in 06. That's 11 years now in tornado alley and I'm still not used to it lol. Kinda sad I guess.

Quoting Linagma03:

Yes tornado season is a real bitch. I grew up in NW Illinois and we'd get things ready when the first tornado watch was issued. Mom would put the things in the small bathroom in the basement so we'd have what we needed when and if we had to take shelter. I don't mess those days.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Not really. Being used to it only means you know how to prepare not that you are just complacent about it. Growing up in the alley I was rather complacent about it. I stood on my neighbors deck when I was 12 and watched a tornado go by about 2 miles away from us. It was sunny where we were and black as coal where the tornado was. We would sit in the basement and listen to the storms roll over and get upset that we were missing our favorite shows even knowing what we might find when we went outside after the storm was over. 

Now I just miss thunder storms, I love hearing the the thunder crash and lighting flash it is such good sleeping weather but I do not miss the tornado's at all, I don't miss the 10 feet of snow in the winter either. 

Quoting arkansasmama08: I'm from Washington, mixed to Nebraska in 03, and moved from there to here in 06. That's 11 years now in tornado alley and I'm still not used to it lol. Kinda sad I guess.
Quoting Linagma03:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Scary! Hope you all are safe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)