Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Spring Cleaning!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok - it says Im a new member but Ive been on here forever.

Well, I am spring cleaning - heck I do a clutter clean once a month!  Just take a few trashbags and fill them up!  

But!  The house is still a wreck!  2 special needs kids and 1 nt kid!  I literally need to put cupboards on the ceiling to keep them away from crap!  Where do I put this crap!  Its stuff we need but dont need all the time.  

No wonder I have no friends with typical kids!  Their houses are clean and I am so embarassed!  First thing I say is: Dont look at the dirt!  Look at that 1 clean spot over in the corner!  LOL

by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssasmommy312
by Angela on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM

lol, Im lucky enough my kids have never been into getting into the cupboards, no idea how i lucked out on that one.  I really need to spring clean this weekend.  

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM

My kids get stuff all over too.  By the time I get a from one end of a room to the other while cleaning, they have come behind me and put their stuff all over the 1st half of the room again.  Ugh!  At least the carpet under it is clean, but looks messy again!!  If the people coming to your house have kids too, they should understand, lol!  I've never been in a house with kids that everything stayed perfectly in it's place. 

drowningmama
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

My kids get stuff all over too.  By the time I get a from one end of a room to the other while cleaning, they have come behind me and put their stuff all over the 1st half of the room again.  Ugh!  At least the carpet under it is clean, but looks messy again!!  If the people coming to your house have kids too, they should understand, lol!  I've never been in a house with kids that everything stayed perfectly in it's place. 

Oh Ive been to houses where there are 2 to 3 kids and the house is spic and span.  I ask: Wheres the kids clutter!  They look at me like Im dumb.  --  I have 2 jobs - I just dont have the time to clean!  Im lucky if the kids get fed! LOL! 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I was at one house that was totally clean ALL THE TIME. I didn't feel comfortable at all. I got the impression that if I got up to go to the bathroom she would plump up the couch cushion and take my glass of half drank tea to the kitchen and wash it before I was done going pee. I would invite her to my house or other friends would invite her to theirs no one was comfortable being there and she had a toddler that she had taught to stay on a small blanket to play with her toys, and the kid was ALWAYS 100% pristine. I watched her give the baby a bath after she pooped her diaper and it was a normal non runny poop! smh!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM

We are do to get some really warm and sunny weather this week and I am going to steam clean the carpets to get the stuff out of them that has already been spilled or messed on by the dogs. We've only been here for almost 4 months. Geez! I also have to clean the sliding glass doors, don't know how they did it since there is an overhang but a couple of Crows managed to poop on my door.

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:50 PM

LOL.  oh my!

Quoting Linagma03:

I was at one house that was totally clean ALL THE TIME. I didn't feel comfortable at all. I got the impression that if I got up to go to the bathroom she would plump up the couch cushion and take my glass of half drank tea to the kitchen and wash it before I was done going pee. I would invite her to my house or other friends would invite her to theirs no one was comfortable being there and she had a toddler that she had taught to stay on a small blanket to play with her toys, and the kid was ALWAYS 100% pristine. I watched her give the baby a bath after she pooped her diaper and it was a normal non runny poop! smh!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:07 PM

lol

SnortysMom
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I can't even get the energy today to vaccum my living room, let alone spring clean! lol.

I know what you mean. I deep clean my DS's room only to find it a mess again in about 5 min. lol

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Oh darlin, I am so there. I've got 3 with autism, and am 12 weeks pregnant, plus working 3 days a week and, homeschooling, and taking kids to therapies. My house is a wreck. We get the basics done; dishes, laundry, etc, but it always looks terrible. I did a bunch of cleaning today and will do more tomorrow and Monday since I am no longer working and the mess is driving me nuts!
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:48 AM
When we had carpet, I would shampoo it every 4-5 months. With kids and pets, it was a necessity

Quoting Linagma03:

We are do to get some really warm and sunny weather this week and I am going to steam clean the carpets to get the stuff out of them that has already been spilled or messed on by the dogs. We've only been here for almost 4 months. Geez! I also have to clean the sliding glass doors, don't know how they did it since there is an overhang but a couple of Crows managed to poop on my door.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)