Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Bus driver left him behind...

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM
  • 22 Replies

She came 5 minutes early and when I explained that he had an accident.  My husband was changing his diaper and we would be out in a minute. She left!  Said she didn't want to be late.   Really?!  If I hadn't explained the situation and just let her lower he ramp that would have been enough time.  *Frustrated*

So Son and Husband both late today :(

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you call the school and transportation company? That's rude.
aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I would call the bus company. Hugs!
cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I hate when a bus driver is like that.  My kids had a bus driver one year that wouldn't stop or even slow down if the kids weren't waiting at the end of our driveway, even when it was raining.  He came at a different time almost every day (10 minutes early or late we never knew when to expect him)  That was a horrible year.

I hope your driver doesn't do that to you anymore, very frustrating.

Pecuellar
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM

He has had the same busdriver for 2 Years and she is eally sweet to him.  Maybe she was scared she would get in trouble. I really don't know

Quoting cnsmom:

I hate when a bus driver is like that.  My kids had a bus driver one year that wouldn't stop or even slow down if the kids weren't waiting at the end of our driveway, even when it was raining.  He came at a different time almost every day (10 minutes early or late we never knew when to expect him)  That was a horrible year.

I hope your driver doesn't do that to you anymore, very frustrating.

Pecuellar
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM

She has been really nice and has never done this thing before.  We are always ready.  I don't want to get her in any trouble.  I guess she was techniaclly doning what she was supposed to but I also think she could have chosen to have a little understanding and maybe bend a little rule

Quoting mandee1503: Did you call the school and transportation company? That's rude.

Pecuellar
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I don't think it would help.  Just make and enemy of her

Quoting aakeiser: I would call the bus company. Hugs!

jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Especially considering she was 5 mins early, I would be upset. When my son rode the bus, they were early a few times and they just pulled over and waited. When I apologized for making them wait, they said it was ok, they were the ones who were early. They won't come onto our street because we have no outlet, so we have to go to the end of the road, which is just two houses down. But they pull over and wait.

Now, with my two oldest (w/out SN) if they are not out there, they get left.
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM

That is messed up.  I would call school and bus barn.  That is not ok.  You can't help an accident, your kid is normally ready, it only takes a second to change things and get him out there, and you went out and told her.  I'm sorry.   

aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
If she keeps up I would. My son's bus driver pulled up early and she sat there a second and drove off. My husband try to catcher but she lept driving. He called and the person who answered was my son's old bus driver (she moved up into tje office) she had a talk with the driver. Now she waits..you can't always worry about making enemy's, I do understand because we went against our school and they took it out on my kids. But if it keeps up I would call. You may not be the only one who had a problem with this driver. That was our case with my son's driver. On this road we make enemies, it is a hard truth but that means we are doing what is right fpr our children. We are their voice.
mommyof7921
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:18 PM

thst bus driver is so rude.  I'm so sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)