Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

She came 5 minutes early and when I explained that he had an accident.  My husband was changing his diaper and we would be out in a minute. She left!  Said she didn't want to be late.   Really?!  If I hadn't explained the situation and just let her lower he ramp that would have been enough time.  *Frustrated*

So Son and Husband both late today :(

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

If she was early then NO she wasn't doing her job properly. 

I had this exact same thing happen, the bus driver was 15 minutes early. I went out and let her know that my son wasn't quite ready. She said she could only wait for 5 minutes, it was the rules. I said then you would still be 10 minutes early. She left. I was so angry!! I called the transportation company and they made her come back. 

It's ridiculous not to wait when the parent lets the driver know what is going on. Accidents happen. I would definitely call and complain.

Quoting Pecuellar:

She has been really nice and has never done this thing before.  We are always ready.  I don't want to get her in any trouble.  I guess she was techniaclly doning what she was supposed to but I also think she could have chosen to have a little understanding and maybe bend a little rule

Quoting mandee1503: Did you call the school and transportation company? That's rude.

Pecuellar
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM

good point!  However here they would never admit to being early.  Our bus time is 7:10-7:35, even thou she always comes at 7:25.  They cocer thier butts that way

Quoting Cindy18:

I had this exact same thing happen, the bus driver was 15 minutes early. I went out and let her know that my son wasn't quite ready. She said she could only wait for 5 minutes, it was the rules. I said then you would still be 10 minutes early. She left. I was so angry!! I called the transportation company and they made her come back. 

It's ridiculous not to wait when the parent lets the driver know what is going on. Accidents happen. I would definitely call and complain.

Quoting Pecuellar:

She has been really nice and has never done this thing before.  We are always ready.  I don't want to get her in any trouble.  I guess she was techniaclly doning what she was supposed to but I also think she could have chosen to have a little understanding and maybe bend a little rule

Quoting mandee1503: Did you call the school and transportation company? That's rude.

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I would still complain. It's not like you hold the bus up every day. Accidents happen. It's a special needs bus after all.

Quoting Pecuellar:

good point!  However here they would never admit to being early.  Our bus time is 7:10-7:35, even thou she always comes at 7:25.  They cocer thier butts that way

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting Pecuellar:

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I would still complain. It's not like you hold the bus up every day. Accidents happen. It's a special needs bus after all.

Quoting Pecuellar:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting Pecuellar:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I'm so sorry mama!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Bus drivers have to wait a few minutes after they get there, if they are on time. If they are early they should wait. Period.

I never walk out to the van until she pulls up. Because my son hates waiting. He gets all upset and it makes for a terrible day at school for him and for those that are there with him. 

I have him ready except for his coat, then when she pulls up we get his coat on and walk out the door. She always waits a few minutes if needed (but it's barely been needed in the last 2 years)

Quoting Pecuellar:

michele115
by Michele on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Logan gets picked up at daycare and taken to preschool. He's had his bus route changed 3 times. The first ones were very nice. He was pooped when he got on the bus and she let the teachers know and waited while they changed him. This new one was a problem. Her first day she pulled up and since he wasn't outside she just drove off. Didn't give us time to get him out of the classroom. She's left him at the daycare twice. I called and talked to the assistant director and he had a talk with her. They also send another bus to get him.
ProudMeof2
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. That bus driver def needs to be talked to. I hope u call the company and get an apology cuz u deserve one.

dawncs
by Dawn on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I agree with you that it is a frustrating situation in life. If this is a recent change in her behavior after knowing her for two years, something has changed with her. She could be under more pressure to be on time by her boss and the school district. I know it is not an excuse for what happened.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Sorry that happened. I've never had to deal with it. Lina has been late getting to school because a couple of times she had and accident and I had to change everything on her. Other times it was due to another kid on the bus being late getting on for one reason or another and all our drivers are told to radio in so that the school can be notified so that an aide or 2 will be waiting when the bus gets there. Not once did a driver have a problem waiting if they had to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)