Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What has been the biggest accomplishment for your child so far?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM
  • 39 Replies

~~Cindy

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow, that's kind of a tough one. Some of his accomplishments have been so long coming that they are really huge when they happen (like not walking until 35 mos). Right now, I'd probably say that he is beginning to read and really do well with it! They increased their expectations/goals for him in his reading program because he was making such great progress. It's one thing that I have always hoped he would be able to do and to see it coming to fruition right now is just huge!
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That's huge!!! Congrats!!! 

Quoting jjamom: Wow, that's kind of a tough one. Some of his accomplishments have been so long coming that they are really huge when they happen (like not walking until 35 mos). Right now, I'd probably say that he is beginning to read and really do well with it! They increased their expectations/goals for him in his reading program because he was making such great progress. It's one thing that I have always hoped he would be able to do and to see it coming to fruition right now is just huge!

~~Cindy

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest, probably finally getting a 'passing' writing grade instead of 'needs improvement.'  He's dyslexic and struggled in spelling/writing since kinder.  He's in 5th and both report cards this year he has finally passed writing at grade level.

My 3 littles, honestly surviving their birth and coming home is probably their greatest accomplishment.  We didn't think we'd see the day, and I told them anything else was just gravy.  But since then, my son was probably gaining back his language/communication after regressing at 2.  My one daughter is a self taught reader at a 2nd grade level (she's 5 and in prek).  My little daughter took until age 4 to walk, so that was a big one.  I'm not sure I have one that tops that for her yet, but more's a coming.  ;)

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh, that made me smile.  Awesome!!

Quoting jjamom: Wow, that's kind of a tough one. Some of his accomplishments have been so long coming that they are really huge when they happen (like not walking until 35 mos). Right now, I'd probably say that he is beginning to read and really do well with it! They increased their expectations/goals for him in his reading program because he was making such great progress. It's one thing that I have always hoped he would be able to do and to see it coming to fruition right now is just huge!

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That's amazing. My 14 year old is severely dyslexic so I can soooo understand your pride there!

Your little ones make my heart happy!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

My oldest, probably finally getting a 'passing' writing grade instead of 'needs improvement.'  He's dyslexic and struggled in spelling/writing since kinder.  He's in 5th and both report cards this year he has finally passed writing at grade level.

My 3 littles, honestly surviving their birth and coming home is probably their greatest accomplishment.  We didn't think we'd see the day, and I told them anything else was just gravy.  But since then, my son was probably gaining back his language/communication after regressing at 2.  My one daughter is a self taught reader at a 2nd grade level (she's 5 and in prek).  My little daughter took until age 4 to walk, so that was a big one.  I'm not sure I have one that tops that for her yet, but more's a coming.  ;)

~~Cindy

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Tough question...Brady's biggest accomplishment is being the sweet loving kid he is:)

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Jacob at school will go get his own breakfast and lunch. And he will also help some of his friends and take there food to them. Jacob is talking a little more. I will ask him if he would eat this or that. And he will tell me ya or no ! And using his speech device. He can point to his colors,shapes and a few letters.

jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Those are all awesome accomplishments! Yes, many more to come!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

michelles89
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM
My ds getting most poops in the potty :)

My dd walking and stairs :) she's 18 months old. She didn't walk until 14 months and still has a hard time( hypotonia and pronated feet) and she gets tired easily but we've been working on stairs in pt and she always stopped. Now she gets up our 8 outside ones
lilpeanut27
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM
How old is he now? My oldest also started walking at 35 months :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)