Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Can I take Teddy?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so my son just truned & on the 17th and when we were leaving to the post office today he asked to take Teddy ( his build a bear bear) He has never asked this before how would you ladies respond? I told him no not this time exspecially since his  Teddy was not dressed and he could not find his shoes. (that was my excuse) I am not sure if I really want this to become habit ! what do you ladies think?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM
I don't see a problem with it. Mine almost always take a toy of some kind with them every where we go.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I'd let him take it:)

Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:47 PM
It depends on where we are going if I let Ty. If we are going to the grocery store I don't cuz I know he'll lose him or throw him around etc. But if its a quick errand or dr appt, I let him.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I let dd take toys all the time. But she knows she cannot take them into stores or restaurants with us.
jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM
How old is he? It didn't come out in your post.

My oldest had this little bear she had to take everywhere. We lost it at the mall one day and had to back track through all the store until we found it. I stopped letting her take it in and told her she had to leave her in the car.

I tell Alex that whenever he asks to take something along.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Sam is always bringing something into the car... And most of the time it stays in the car just by his forgetting.. i think the transition fom home to out is hard.. And the transitional object makes it wasier for him. i dont bother sying no.. Unless Im worried it may get ruined or lost or ?? Then I raise concerns.. But if he is insistnt, he must need it mor then. I think so I let him. 

raysma07
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM

7 years  old

Quoting jjamom: How old is he? It didn't come out in your post. My oldest had this little bear she had to take everywhere. We lost it at the mall one day and had to back track through all the store until we found it. I stopped letting her take it in and told her she had to leave her in the car. I tell Alex that whenever he asks to take something along.

jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Is he 7 developmentally? My little guy is 8, but developmentally closer to 5. He has a baby doll he loves and sometimes still takes in the car, but he leaves it there when we go in anywhere.

Quoting raysma07:

7 years  old

Quoting jjamom: How old is he? It didn't come out in your post.

My oldest had this little bear she had to take everywhere. We lost it at the mall one day and had to back track through all the store until we found it. I stopped letting her take it in and told her she had to leave her in the car.

I tell Alex that whenever he asks to take something along.

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Mine have taken things when we go out. If you don't want him taking it into the post office, stores, etc, then he can leave it in car for the short time that you are in the stores. 

luvnoah10
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:18 PM

My son just turned 11 and he still likes to take a stuffed animal or another small toy into the store sometimes. I let him as long as he is going to carry it. I even let him wear pjs or slippers to the store if he wants...He has ASD and his maturity level is probably closer to 8  year old ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN