Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

i wanted to smack her!!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
About 10 minutes after Mikayla went to bed, Maggie came running out crying. She said Mikayla told her there was a ghost in their room and it didn't like little girls. Maggie is already terrified of the dark! I calmed her down, tucked her back into bed, and told Mikayla she will absolutely NEVER say anything like that to any of my children. Ever.

seriously, I didn't know whether to cry, yell, or smack her. I know its just a stupid joke to her, but it pissed us off.

ok, vent over lol. Back to watching the weather. Again. Still.

goodnight ladies
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Teens are punks! Hope she learns. Lol
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Hugs mama!

letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

no , let me smack her

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol ok!

Quoting letstalk747:

no , let me smack her

raysma07
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Oh I hate it when older kids scare the older ones UGH!

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
It'd be one thing if she was 7 or 8. She's way too old for those kinds of jokes. Id have busted her butt teen or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM
I agree, and trust me, the thought crossed my mind lol. What she doesn't know yet, is that that little stunt cost her Facebook for the next 2 days. And trust me, that's important to her. She also kept talking to Maggie and both of them were up until almost midnight, so she's going to bed at 9 tonight and if I hear them talking, I will go in there and sit until at least one of them is asleep lol. She's still learning that her behavior has consequences other than it just bring thrown on her face for the rest of her life. Sad but true.

Quoting Jenn8604: It'd be one thing if she was 7 or 8. She's way too old for those kinds of jokes. Id have busted her butt teen or not.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I know smacking them would be great when they get like that. My sd when she came to live with us tested me constantly and there were SO many times that I really did want to just smack her silly. Maybe when she sees that her action has a consequence she'll think twice about what she does in the future. 

Good Luck!

Quoting arkansasmama08: I agree, and trust me, the thought crossed my mind lol. What she doesn't know yet, is that that little stunt cost her Facebook for the next 2 days. And trust me, that's important to her. She also kept talking to Maggie and both of them were up until almost midnight, so she's going to bed at 9 tonight and if I hear them talking, I will go in there and sit until at least one of them is asleep lol. She's still learning that her behavior has consequences other than it just bring thrown on her face for the rest of her life. Sad but true.
Quoting Jenn8604: It'd be one thing if she was 7 or 8. She's way too old for those kinds of jokes. Id have busted her butt teen or not.

jesusrocks2013
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Teenagers !  We were once teenagers too !

Yamilajigsaw ribbonamerican flag ribbon

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Id try to talk nicely to Mikayla about why its important to not scare children.. give her the beneift of the doubt in thinking maybe Maggie would think it was funny. She is JUST getting to know your kids.. its a learning curve. I dont think concequences and taking away important things will get you anything then breed a littlemore contempt for her current situation.. you know, catch more flies with honey... Im sure she has ben conccequenced to death in her former life and she has come to you for a new start since the old one wasnt working out so good.
Id ask her how she felt as a kid- things that would scare her. Work on her empathy and compassion. Model good empathy and compassion by giving her the benefit of the doubt. Ask her to be considerate of Maggies young impressionable age.. how she looks up to Mikayla at this point and that Mikayla has to use her "power" for good...
I know I think out of the box here...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN