Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

frusterated.....

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:47 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
A while back I posted about my df who has schizophrenia.....things had been going so good with him he is on his meds and even got a job.....well we moved back in to a house with my sister.... He had been decomping for about a week and a half.....He was having hard time dealing with working and parenting and helping with the house and on top of that my sister has severe pmdd and is untreated and is very hard to deal with..... well it finally exploded yesterday morning..... odd was sitting on the stairs waiting for the bus when df put his feet on the table....for whatever reason she freaked (she is asd and spd with possible mi).....instead of just putting his feet down he starts yelling at her and she yelled back which woke up my sister....sister came out and started screaming at me to quiet my daughter down.... df freaked out and next thing I know they (sister and df) are swinging and grabbing at each other with me in the middle trying to pull them apart......This incident has set df back at least 6 months progress wise.... He now can't even hold a logical conversation and have delved back into his paranoia and delusions.....He is convinced that he was 100% right and that everyone else is wrong and now are out to get him.....it's horrible... he wouldn't even help get the girls up and ready this morning.... and he won't even listen to his therapist....I am so frustrated because he and I have worked sooo hard to get him to a functional level and now it feels like 6 months of work down the drain.....If you got this far thanks for listening to me rant I don't really have anyone to talk to about this
by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lasombrs
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Hugs I am really sorry. I have never dealt with that so I have no advice though :(
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Hugs mama...I'm so sorry!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I am so sorry,!  I hope this turns around for you!

lillettemomma
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Thank you everyone.... we met with his therapist this morning and discussed somethings about his safety plan and how to use different ways of dealing with stressors plus he admitted that he is getting sick (he has chronic pneumonia) which is also a contributing factor..... He is at work now and left on a positive note so hopefully today will be better
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM

praying

drewby1
by on May. 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Hi there, momma! So glad you're posting on here and I just want to encourage you. No wonder you're frustrated, the situation sounds tough, but hang in there. At the end of the day, you won't regret it. I'm really glad your df has a therapist. If you need a good counselor to talk to for yourself, the folks over at Focus are wonderful and it does not cost. 855-771-4357. Hugs and prayers!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)