Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What Commom Dreams Mean

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Joy
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Falling
Ian Wallace, a psychologist and dream expert says falling dreams "reflect some experience of potential failure in waking life. This can happen if a person has set high standards for the results they expect, and it may seem as it they have failed if they cannot attain them. The person needs to release themselves from some of their responsibilities."

Being naked in public
This dream can be explained through the idea of personas, says psychology practitioner David Bedrick. "We all have 'personas' - ways of behaving in public," he writes. "These are like clothing, presenting an image of ourselves while covering other aspects. For some people, it becomes important to reveal their deeper feelings. Dreaming of being naked in public suggests it may be fruitful to do so, even if it challenges their deeper desire to not be exposed."

Being chased
Dreaming of being chased reflects irritations the dreamer is experiencing in their day-to-day life when trying to achieve a specific goal. "Although they appear to be being chased in the dream, they are actually actively hunting for ways to work through their frustrations," says Wallace.

Being late
Craig Sim Webb, a speaker and author, suggests this dream can reflect hidden emotions about a particular event or occasion. "Being late for an upcoming trip or exam for example is not usually about the event," he says. "Though it often shows an anxious feeling you haven't actually been conscious about and probably haven't been acting on. The dream may well in fact be warning you to get cracking and prepare more fully for an upcoming deadline."

Teeth falling out
"Teeth in dreams, like in waking life, are a feature of our insides we reveal to the outside world, says sleep and dream expert Dr. Rubin Naiman. "The image of tooth loss or toothless-ness can reflect ageing, illness, injury or loss of power. It might also reflect innocence and potential of infancy, so it can be negative and positive."

Car Troubles--n these types of dreams you are usually in or near a car or some other type of vehicle which is out of control or has other problems that seem insurmountable. For example, the brakes may have failed, you may have lost control of the steering, or be heading over a cliff or crashing. You can either be the driver or the passenger. This is a very common type of nightmare and it occurs in all people – not just those who can drive. This dream usually means that you are feeling powerless over something in your life – or that you are heading for a crash (metaphorically speaking)

by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Linagma03
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Of all those you mentioned I can only recall once having the falling dream and that was when I was a teen. I had the chased dream when I was in my 20's and that is it. I am glad I don't have those dreams I think I'd be worried constantly now that I know what they mean. 

letstalk747
by Joy on May. 2, 2014 at 8:22 PM

ya , its interesting

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 3, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Interesting!

letstalk747
by Joy on May. 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM

im trying to find more to add to this list

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN