Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

On a typical night, what do you do after the kids go to bed?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM
  • 36 Replies

Cindy

by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on May. 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
More often than not, I fall asleep right after the two boys go to bed at 9 pm. I try to stay awake and watch TV, but I DVR all of my favorite shows because I almost always fall asleep. My DD stays up later. I have to get up at 5:15, so I just can't seem to stay up late anymore.
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I try to watch mindless TV, fill out more paperwork for school or to keep the kid's services continuing that I am always behind on.  Wait little one out, so I can go to sleep.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Heave a sigh of relief, fall into the recliner, and fall asleep lol
mom2ryneandsam
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:14 PM

watch tv or read

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Unfortunately we have really spoiled our little one, she has to be held to go to sleep at night, so sometimes it's around 9:30 before we get to put her in bed.  Our older kids go to their rooms around 9:00, and we turn all the lights off, and watch TV, it's nice to just relax, and watch something other than a cartoon.  Then we go to bed at 10. 

Love2foster2009
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
I try to clean up and get ready for the next day. Only problem is my three year old can outlast me on most nights. Luckily she just lays on the couch or in my bed and doesn't get into anything. It is the only time of day I can guarantee she will be good lol.
kathl80
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Pour a glass of wine and have adult conversation.... on the nights I don't follow them to bed lol

My sister is graduating from college and hopefully moving in with us so soon maybe my husband and I will actually be able to go out.  And it'll be nice to spend time with her.

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Bed! Once Jacob gets his last feeding I put him down and I climb into my bed. I'm usually dragging and exhausted at that point. I rarely stay up longer.
zadesmom1998
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Watch nick at nite till I pass out. Usually around midnight
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM

I fall asleep as soon as chase is out. Or if im awake i will stay up a little and play nintendo with cory.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)