Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you have Family Members who don't believe your child's Food Allergies are real?

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you have Family Members who don't believe your child's Food Allergies are real? If so, what do they attribute your child's health issues to? How have you dealt with this ignorance? Your answers could be included in an upcoming post on The Stir.

by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM

no food allergies here

jjamom
by Michele on May. 8, 2014 at 10:07 AM
No food allergies for my kids, thank goodness. We have close friends whose kids have severe food allergies (anaphylaxis). It's really scary.
2_amazing_boys
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Yes! My son has a dairy allergy that causes him migraines as well as hives and a rash. I fight with his dad about it mostly (yes, his very own biological father) because he believes that they are imagined. Mind you DS4 will completely barf everywhere if he has anything with dairy!  He is also allergic to chocolate and the same thing happens with it, but his dad finds no desire to follow his diet! It is completely maddening!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 9, 2014 at 6:58 AM

No.  Our families believe that our son is allergic to peanuts.  They don't question it.

Cindy18
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM

No food allergies here either. 

But how awful for someone in your own family to not believe it. That could kill a child!!!

DW030714
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 12:51 PM

My family has seen some of my DS's reactions first hand. And they remember his hospital visit the first time he encountered peanuts. Thankfully nobody has disbelieved it.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Other than the oldest granddaughter no one has allergies and they do believe that she is allergic to shell fish. The one that has a hard time believing she is allergic is the kid herself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)