Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do we have any gardeners in here?

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM
  • 26 Replies

What kind of gardens do you have, Flower or Veggie or both?

When will you or did you start working in the garden?

What flowers have you had bloom so far?

Cindy

by on May. 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on May. 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM
I love to garden. So far I have only done flower gardens, but would love to do a small vegetable garden.

My roses and dianthus, which are both perennials, are getting close to blooming, but it was so cold here so late that nothing has really started to bloom yet. The green leaves on my hydrangeas are popping up, but it will be a while before they bloom.

I will also be planting some annuals soon. Maybe this weekend or the upcoming week. :)
Cindy18
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I have my tulips, Hyacinths, and primrose blooming. I love hydrangeas.

Quoting jjamom: I love to garden. So far I have only done flower gardens, but would love to do a small vegetable garden.

My roses and dianthus, which are both perennials, are getting close to blooming, but it was so cold here so late that nothing has really started to bloom yet. The green leaves on my hydrangeas are popping up, but it will be a while before they bloom.

I will also be planting some annuals soon. Maybe this weekend or the upcoming week. :)
sheebes00
by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I do a small veggie garden and some potted plants (herbs and such). I haven't started anything since I'm layed up from having surgery. :( But as soon as I get the ok for the doctor I'll be playing in the dirt. :) Last year I did corn, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes (cherry and lemon boy), beets, snap peas, kale, potatoes, basil, parsley, and a few different kinds of mint.

jjamom
by Michele on May. 9, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Wow! I would love to do a garden like that!

Quoting sheebes00:

I do a small veggie garden and some potted plants (herbs and such). I haven't started anything since I'm layed up from having surgery. :( But as soon as I get the ok for the doctor I'll be playing in the dirt. :) Last year I did corn, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes (cherry and lemon boy), beets, snap peas, kale, potatoes, basil, parsley, and a few different kinds of mint.

jjamom
by Michele on May. 9, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I love tulips. I would love to have some, but I'm not good at planting anything in the Fall. I think I'm too impatient to wait that long for results! Lol

Quoting Cindy18: I have my tulips, Hyacinths, and primrose blooming. I love hydrangeas.

Quoting jjamom: I love to garden. So far I have only done flower gardens, but would love to do a small vegetable garden.

sheebes00
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it! Plus it's awesome to be able to pick something out of the garden and eat it. I don't have to worry about what pesticides were used since we don't use any (I'm allergic to some and they make me feel like my throat is closing). It's also a great de-stresser and my kids love to help (my 3 y.o. loves kale, who woulda thunk?!). I can't wait to get out there and start digging!

Quoting jjamom: Wow! I would love to do a garden like that!
Quoting sheebes00:

Cindy18
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM

THat's a huge garden!! No flowers?

Quoting sheebes00:

Cindy18
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I don't plant them in the fall. I plant them now because they are the ones I bought at Easter. I know that's not right but I haven't had any problems with them.

Quoting jjamom: I love tulips. I would love to have some, but I'm not good at planting anything in the Fall. I think I'm too impatient to wait that long for results! Lol Quoting Cindy18: I have my tulips, Hyacinths, and primrose blooming. I love hydrangeas. Quoting jjamom: I love to garden. So far I have only done flower gardens, but would love to do a small vegetable garden. My roses and dianthus, which are both perennials, are getting close to blooming, but it was so cold here so late that nothing has really started to bloom yet. The green leaves on my hydrangeas are popping up, but it will be a while before they bloom. I will also be planting some annuals soon. Maybe this weekend or the upcoming week. :)

sheebes00
by on May. 9, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Not all of it was in the garden part, some were in large flower pots. But we definitely had an abundance of veggies, it was awesome. :)  I have some flowers in containers, calla lilies and tulips (two of my favorites). And a small flower bed under one of the signs for our business (but for the life of me can not remember the names of the flowers). I'll add a picture of one of the blooms from last year.

Quoting Cindy18:

THat's a huge garden!! No flowers?

Quoting sheebes00:

jjamom
by Michele on May. 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, both of those reasons are why I'd love to do one. We just had a good portion of our woods cleared, so maybe soon!

Quoting sheebes00:

I love it! Plus it's awesome to be able to pick something out of the garden and eat it. I don't have to worry about what pesticides were used since we don't use any (I'm allergic to some and they make me feel like my throat is closing). It's also a great de-stresser and my kids love to help (my 3 y.o. loves kale, who woulda thunk?!). I can't wait to get out there and start digging!

Quoting jjamom: Wow! I would love to do a garden like that!

Quoting sheebes00:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)