Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Run, Jump and Throw

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

My little guy had his Run, Jump and Throw Event today at his school. It is sponsored by the Special Olympics of Maryland and his school invites 4 other schools to participate. This was his third year and he LOVES it! Each child is paired with a child from their Gen Ed class and the Gen Ed classes come out and cheer the kids on. I wanted to post a video, but it wouldn't let me, so I am posting a pic instead. My little guy is on the right. :)
by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 9, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! Glad he had a great time!
ProudMeof2
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

good That's so neat. Glad he has such a wonderful time.

Whisper85
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Glad he had a great time!! He looks very happy :)

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

He is so cute!!  I'm glad he enjoyed himself.  Sounds like a great program!! 

jjamom
by Michele on May. 9, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Thank you. :)

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

He is so cute!!  I'm glad he enjoyed himself.  Sounds like a great program!! 

letstalk747
by Joy on May. 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

wonderfull

golfqueen123
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so cool! I have to start finding more for my little guy to do like that, he would love it!  Glad he had a great time! Such a cute boy!!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:27 PM

So cute! I am glad he had fun. He looks like he had a blast. 

That sounds like what I think Lina is going to be involved in on Friday. This is going to be our first year so I am as excited as she is. 

jjamom
by Michele on May. 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Thank you!

I really want to get my son into more activities too. We have adaptive lacrosse here, but it's not real close by and seems to always fall when I have so many other things going on.

This event is only once a year. They do practice for it, but it's during school time.

Quoting golfqueen123:

That is so cool! I have to start finding more for my little guy to do like that, he would love it!  Glad he had a great time! Such a cute boy!!

jjamom
by Michele on May. 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope she has a great time. For most of the kids it's a really fun day and it's great to see them proud of themselves and to see everyone cheering them on. It was a little overwhelming for a few kids, though. One of Alex's classmates didn't want to do any of the events, one of them threw herself to the ground a couple of times, and one little boy from another school started the running event and because everyone was cheering, he stopped and started covering his ears. I felt really bad for them.

For the majority though, it was a day of fun and celebration. It's one of our favorite days of the school year!

Quoting Linagma03:

So cute! I am glad he had fun. He looks like he had a blast. 

That sounds like what I think Lina is going to be involved in on Friday. This is going to be our first year so I am as excited as she is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN