Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Therapy - CDI?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
Anyone done CDI (child directed interaction) as part of therapy for their child? I'm just wondering how well it works. It is just the first part of my daughters therapy. The second part will involve the discipline.
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:25 AM
No experience. Here's a bump!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Have not heard of it, sorry!

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Sorry, I've never heard of it. Is it part of behavior therapy?
kinshipcaremama
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Are you doing Parent Child Interaction Therapy, PCIT?  Do you use the ear piece so the therapist can direct your words and actions?  I did it with my foister child.  The first part is child directed and then parent direction and discipline are introduced.  It was semi helpful for us but I think a better therapist would have been helpful.

Love2foster2009
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. It is part of behavior therapy. I got an overview of how we will do it and next week I take my daughter.

Quoting jjamom: Sorry, I've never heard of it. Is it part of behavior therapy?
Love2foster2009
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:29 PM
They mentioned an ear piece as an option if the therapist finds staying in the room isn't working. The child is supposed to lead the activities and I am supposed to praise all the good behavior and ignore the bad behavior. After they think that is working well then they will show me how they want me to discipline. I am hopeful what they have will help. But I am more hopeful that she will qualify for occupational therapy for sensory issues which I think are half of her problem.

Quoting kinshipcaremama:

Are you doing Parent Child Interaction Therapy, PCIT?  Do you use the ear piece so the therapist can direct your words and actions?  I did it with my foister child.  The first part is child directed and then parent direction and discipline are introduced.  It was semi helpful for us but I think a better therapist would have been helpful.

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Good luck with it!

Quoting Love2foster2009: Yes. It is part of behavior therapy. I got an overview of how we will do it and next week I take my daughter.

Quoting jjamom: Sorry, I've never heard of it. Is it part of behavior therapy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)