Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

i knew there would be a catch.. **update &*

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM
  • 13 Replies
I just got an email from our co-op director saying that Maggie is entitled to 10.5 hours of pt to make up for what she lost in the beginning of the year. I emailed back because I'm not sure that's right. She was supposed to start in August and got nothing until January. Her iep says an hour a week. last I checked, that's more than 10 weeks.

anyway, I emailed her back but I'm nit sure there's much else I can do. Any thoughts.

** I emailed her AGAIN and still haven't received any reply. I'm getting kind of aggravated...
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DyslexiaParent
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM

GOOD for you in emailing her back!  It should be simple math, so maybe the director will make an appropriate adjustment.  GOOD LUCK!

SandyKC
M.S. Instructional Design, Veteran Homeschooling Mom of "Light of My Life" Boys,
Author

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Yeah, that sounds like their math is off. Even given the time of for holidays, it seems if it is an hour a week, something is awry.

Maybe they are saying 10.5 hours because that is how much time there is this Summer? 10.5 weeks maybe at an hour a week?
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what I said...

she's wanting us to squeeze it into 2 hours a week so we can get it done faster. Nit sure what difference that makes to them. But either way, they're required to provide the services in her iep. And August to January seems a little more than 10 weeks to me...

just when I thought I was done fighting with them for our services lol

Quoting jjamom: Yeah, that sounds like their math is off. Even given the time of for holidays, it seems if it is an hour a week, something is awry.

Maybe they are saying 10.5 hours because that is how much time there is this Summer? 10.5 weeks maybe at an hour a week?
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Sounds like they are trying to jip you a few hours. Hope she responds.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I agree here.  Bottom line is that whatever is in the IEP is what your child is legally mandated to get.  They have to provide it!

Quoting mandee1503: Sounds like they are trying to jip you a few hours. Hope she responds.

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Have you actually counted the weeks? 

When in August to When in January? Really depends on that. From my calucations she may not be too far off. 

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Its actually about 20 weeks. I think we lost 2 @ Christmas break, so that brings it back to 18. That's still 8 weeks shy...2 full months of therapy

Quoting Cindy18:

When in August to When in January? Really depends on that. From my calucations she may not be too far off. 

letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:30 PM

have they responed yet

Jenn8604
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM
It should be AT LEAST 16. End of August or so to about the end of December, 4 months.4x4=16. And 4 months out of the year have 5 weeks in them, one was bound to have fallen in those 4 mos. Which would make it 17. If August and December had 5 weeks each than it's 18. More so if they didn't start her up at the beginning of second semester after Christmas break.

Quoting Cindy18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Nope, not a peep

Quoting letstalk747:

have they responed yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN