Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speech app ?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi, So i give up with Jacobs dynavox.  It wont work half the time. And too many steps to add pictures and then it dont work. Yes it got sent in to be fixed and months later we finally got back. And it still has problems.   Anyway we got Jacob an android.    Anyway i want apps on it. So do they have something for talking. Like if he wants a drink he can push on that picture ect.  Thank you !

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momof4554
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:53 PM

My son has sono flex. It was expensive but they do have a free version that you can get to see if you like it.  It just doesn't have as many pictures. I like it because you can add your own pictures and words. 

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:03 PM
I'm not sure for an android.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:55 AM

My son has a few apps on his iPad, but not sure if they translate to an android.  I like iClickiTalk, Proloquo2go, and Choiceboard Creator.

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Thank you for advice

Quoting momof4554:

My son has sono flex. It was expensive but they do have a free version that you can get to see if you like it.  It just doesn't have as many pictures. I like it because you can add your own pictures and words. 

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Thank you i will try those and hope that i can get them. We got this from a place .They trying to help people that have kids with autism. Im just mad when i  got to pick out stuff it only books or learning games  that was my only choices. Nothing to help with speech.  Every month we get to pick from stuff. So i still hope something will show up what i want..

Quoting darbyakeep45:

My son has a few apps on his iPad, but not sure if they translate to an android.  I like iClickiTalk, Proloquo2go, and Choiceboard Creator.

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I tryed that and none of them worked

But thank you anyways

Quoting N.Carter2001:

Thank you i will try those and hope that i can get them. We got this from a place .They trying to help people that have kids with autism. Im just mad when i  got to pick out stuff it only books or learning games  that was my only choices. Nothing to help with speech.  Every month we get to pick from stuff. So i still hope something will show up what i want..

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)