Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My husband got a lecture

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
My son spent a night at my mom's over the weekend and got a lecture about his meds. She thinks B takes too many and didn't want to give them to him because she doesn't think they are needed. All he takes is strattera, prozac, and trazodone. Then he gets glycerin in his flushes. Please tell me how this is way too many meds? A lot of kids are on many more than him. We tried not medicating him and it didn't go well at all.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Id tell her to mind her own business. Obviously you are doing what's right for your child.
letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:04 PM

i hear ya

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:32 PM

She needs to mind her own business and when she has him give him the meds or she doesn't need to have him overnight. Or you could tell her that she can have him for x time and not give him his meds since she doesn't think he needs them and she can deal with him off of them. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Yeah, I'd tell her to butt out!  It's none of her business.  

nicb1976
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM

One of my sons takes 12 different meds throughout the day, my other son takes 9.  My family once pulled that with my kids when my husband and I were going away for a few days, they did not like my reaction and haven't questioned my kids medications since.

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That's ridiculous. I would be worried that she doesn't want to give him his meds. She needs to give them to him as prescribed because skipping doses is not good for him. If she can't be trusted to do that, I wouldn't let her keep my son.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM

remind her she raised a smart daughter and she should have more faith in your parenting. Id also remind her that none of these does can be skipped... as they are NOT healthy to miss... Id also let her know when she recieves her PhD, you'll listen more... for now, you and your kids Doctor got this under control.

tobysmom103
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM

that doesnt seem like that many pills my 12 year old brother has autism,ocd,odd and adhd and takes a lot of pills and ive been around him when he even skipped one pill and he was a terror. Hopefully she will realize the pills are helping him and not hurting him

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM

If she was unwillingly to give him his medications then she would not be keeping him over night. 

I hope you got through to her.

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Love this!! you are a very smart woman!

Quoting SamMom912:

remind her she raised a smart daughter and she should have more faith in your parenting. Id also remind her that none of these does can be skipped... as they are NOT healthy to miss... Id also let her know when she recieves her PhD, you'll listen more... for now, you and your kids Doctor got this under control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN