Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

DD's MRI and sensory

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 10 Replies
She is getting her MRI right now to check a tumor (she has Neurofibromatosis) Because of her sensory issues, it has not been fun. Tried to get an urine sample but she couldn't. Tried for awhile. Since she couldn't pee, they were going to take blood. She just about went through the roof. She blocked herself in between chairs and refused to come out. So, they are using gas and cathing her. Now I'm just waiting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I hope the rest goes smoothly! I feel your pain.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Hugs mama...let us know how things end up!

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Thanks guys! Since they had to cath her, it hurts to pee :(

Hopefully we will know the results soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Oh gosh! I hope everything else goes okay. Good luck!

evlwife
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM
I really know where u have been. My daughter was born with NF 1. When she was little, we also has to have her put out for the tests like MRIs and CATs. When she got older, we only had to put her out for MRIs. The CATs were so fast, we were able to sing, count and say the ABCs and the scan was done. Blood work was sometimes difficult, but we held her (when she was young) or helped hold her down as she got older. We sang songs, The Mickey Mouse song was her favorite. (She only got to be 4ft tall and 85lbs)
(We lost our daughter this past march from a brain tumor. We found out about the tumor last January. We had a CAT scan in June 2013, nothing abnormal was found then. She also had a lot of things besides NF1. She had CP, hydrocephalus with a shunt, spine problems and some other thing)
I know that this will probably won't help, but maybe you can find a way to get her cooperate when medically things have to be done.

Quoting MamaCeleste0722: She is getting her MRI right now to check a tumor (she has Neurofibromatosis) Because of her sensory issues, it has not been fun. Tried to get an urine sample but she couldn't. Tried for awhile. Since she couldn't pee, they were going to take blood. She just about went through the roof. She blocked herself in between chairs and refused to come out. So, they are using gas and cathing her. Now I'm just waiting
MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM
I am so sorry for your loss!

We are working on it with her OT. Hopefully we will find something that works!

Quoting evlwife: I really know where u have been. My daughter was born with NF 1. When she was little, we also has to have her put out for the tests like MRIs and CATs. When she got older, we only had to put her out for MRIs. The CATs were so fast, we were able to sing, count and say the ABCs and the scan was done. Blood work was sometimes difficult, but we held her (when she was young) or helped hold her down as she got older. We sang songs, The Mickey Mouse song was her favorite. (She only got to be 4ft tall and 85lbs)
(We lost our daughter this past march from a brain tumor. We found out about the tumor last January. We had a CAT scan in June 2013, nothing abnormal was found then. She also had a lot of things besides NF1. She had CP, hydrocephalus with a shunt, spine problems and some other thing)
I know that this will probably won't help, but maybe you can find a way to get her cooperate when medically things have to be done.

Quoting MamaCeleste0722: She is getting her MRI right now to check a tumor (she has Neurofibromatosis) Because of her sensory issues, it has not been fun. Tried to get an urine sample but she couldn't. Tried for awhile. Since she couldn't pee, they were going to take blood. She just about went through the roof. She blocked herself in between chairs and refused to come out. So, they are using gas and cathing her. Now I'm just waiting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Poor thing. They need to just sedate her so that's this is not so traumatic. 

Good Luck.

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 3:27 PM
That was why she was flipping out lol In order to sedate her, they have to put in an IV. So that's why they used the gas first and then the IV sedation. I don't know what we're going to do if she has to have surgery!

Quoting Cindy18:

Poor thing. They need to just sedate her so that's this is not so traumatic. 

Good Luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evlwife
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Thank you. It was very hard to deal with. She had a very hard life

Quoting MamaCeleste0722: I am so sorry for your loss!

We are working on it with her OT. Hopefully we will find something that works!

Quoting evlwife: I really know where u have been. My daughter was born with NF 1. When she was little, we also has to have her put out for the tests like MRIs and CATs. When she got older, we only had to put her out for MRIs. The CATs were so fast, we were able to sing, count and say the ABCs and the scan was done. Blood work was sometimes difficult, but we held her (when she was young) or helped hold her down as she got older. We sang songs, The Mickey Mouse song was her favorite. (She only got to be 4ft tall and 85lbs)

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Oh man,I'm sorry. Maggie HATES drs and blood draws. I feel your pain. Hope you get good news from it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)