Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What was your labor experience? Natural, epidural, meds, c-section? How long were you in labor?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Joy
  • 31 Replies

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM

neither one was great but the odd thing is that my labor with my sn child was much easier than my other one. When I had my ds i was in the hospital for almost a month with complications and he is going to be tested for gifted next year. lol

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
All 3 were natural labor, no meds or epidurals and very fast (under an hour from start to finish). Baby 2 was almost a home birth - not by choice - out in 2 pushes when they finally let me push. They wouldn't let me push in the ambulance because they knew he was ready to pop right out! LOL
ProudMeof2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:53 AM

With my son, I had 2 failed epidurals. With my daugther, they started pitocin and then stopped and then started it up later on. Then when they gave me an epidural, it only worked on one side of my body. Had to have a D&C which was almost as painful as giving birth.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Both were c- sections.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:31 AM

My son was born via c-section as he was breech.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:18 AM

My oldest was about 20 hours of labor, his head was gigantic so he broke my tailbone.  Took two years before I could sit without pain, wish I was exaggerating, lol!

the trips were an emergency ambulance ride to a hospital 1.5 hours away.  My placenta with my little one then abrupt end on the way, so tons of pain and blood loss.  No meds.  One fell out the natural way upon getting to hospital, then I was put under for the girls C section.  Pretty everything about it was a nightmare, and all four of us about died.

i have no desire to do that again.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Oh my!!,  awesome everything went quick, but scary you may not have made it to hospital!  

Quoting jjamom: All 3 were natural labor, no meds or epidurals and very fast (under an hour from start to finish). Baby 2 was almost a home birth - not by choice - out in 2 pushes when they finally let me push. They wouldn't let me push in the ambulance because they knew he was ready to pop right out! LOL

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I was more scared when DH insisted on driving me there with baby 3 (Alex) knowing how fast the other two had gone! But we made it, thank God. I think it helped that it was after 11 pm and no traffic and DH drove faster than the ambulance with the last one. ;)

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Oh my!!,  awesome everything went quick, but scary you may not have made it to hospital!  

Quoting jjamom: All 3 were natural labor, no meds or epidurals and very fast (under an hour from start to finish). Baby 2 was almost a home birth - not by choice - out in 2 pushes when they finally let me push. They wouldn't let me push in the ambulance because they knew he was ready to pop right out! LOL

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Yikes!

Quoting ProudMeof2:

With my son, I had 2 failed epidurals. With my daugther, they started pitocin and then stopped and then started it up later on. Then when they gave me an epidural, it only worked on one side of my body. Had to have a D&C which was almost as painful as giving birth.

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Oh my goodness, now THAT would be scary!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

My oldest was about 20 hours of labor, his head was gigantic so he broke my tailbone.  Took two years before I could sit without pain, wish I was exaggerating, lol!

the trips were an emergency ambulance ride to a hospital 1.5 hours away.  My placenta with my little one then abrupt end on the way, so tons of pain and blood loss.  No meds.  One fell out the natural way upon getting to hospital, then I was put under for the girls C section.  Pretty everything about it was a nightmare, and all four of us about died.

i have no desire to do that again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)