Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Babies being left in hot cars...... Do you believe this.....

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM
  • 19 Replies

I have a very hard time believing that this is happens so much. I can't imagine this happening...... I am very judgmental of parents who "FORGET" their children in the cars. 

Listening right now to GMA talking about the dad in Georgia that "forgot" his son in the car. WENT TO THE CAR ON LUNCH and still didn't remember his son until after work..... 

How do you feel about this issue? 

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeanMean17
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:40 AM

To be honest, I can understand maybe the thought slipping for a few seconds, especially if you have a child who is soothed by car rides and may be napping. Granted, leaving them in your car is defintely not okay. 

That being said, I did forget my 12 year old in the car, but he was 12, and he was kinda like "mom....are you coming back to help me carry all this stuff inside or...?" 

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM
No. I don't get it at all...

I've got 3 kids with another on the way. Our schedule gets crazy busy and I'm really absent minded a lot of the time. But I have never forgotten a kid anywhere. I carried those babies for 9 months, gave birth, and have spent the last 8 years raising them. I don't understand how you forget them after all that...
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I don't get it. I've never forgotten either kid. I try to understand but I just can't.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I cant imagine.... I dont know how it happens... but I dont pretend to even begin to know what goes on in other peoples heads.. or what they are focused/ not focused on. Its just a tragedy for sure.... :(

Cindy, honestly, If I understood the general public, Id be in some of those other groups on CM, LOL.. people just amaze/scare/baffle me....  so I add this one to the list...

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Honestly, I feel horrible for the few families who really did have a change in routine and had this horrible nightmare happen.  But, I agree, it seems like it is happening way too much for this mistake to really be happening this often.  This GA case really bothers me, there seems to be so much evidence that this was not a mistake.  

I can see rushed, exhausted parents maybe making a mistake.  I was sleep deprived with my second child because he had severe acid reflux and NEVER SLEPT  I took the kids to Chuckie Cheese and all the sudden realized I didn't have the baby.  I had left him in the party room in his car seat!  That totally freaked me out and it was a short bit of time that I had been gone from that room.  

I also took my DD to the grocery store one day and when I got home, she was laying face down in the seat of the car (next to her car seat).  I had apparently forgotten to strap her in and she fell out when we made I turn (or at least that's what I think happened).  So, I understand simple mistakes from exhaustion and sleep deprivation that can have horrifying consequences.  Been there, done that and fortunately had nothing really bad happen from it.  But yeah, the GA case, I am not buying it.  :(

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

i think this guy did it on purpose , horrible

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:31 AM

This is horrible.  I can't imagine.

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you there! 

Quoting SamMom912:

I cant imagine.... I dont know how it happens... but I dont pretend to even begin to know what goes on in other peoples heads.. or what they are focused/ not focused on. Its just a tragedy for sure.... :(

Cindy, honestly, If I understood the general public, Id be in some of those other groups on CM, LOL.. people just amaze/scare/baffle me....  so I add this one to the list...

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM

I'm with you. I can be very absent minded and Lord knows when my kids were little I had a lot of drama but I never forgot about them! 

AND Why don't you hear about it in the winter?! We never hear about a child freezing to death because they were forgotten in the car. 

Quoting arkansasmama08: No. I don't get it at all... I've got 3 kids with another on the way. Our schedule gets crazy busy and I'm really absent minded a lot of the time. But I have never forgotten a kid anywhere. I carried those babies for 9 months, gave birth, and have spent the last 8 years raising them. I don't understand how you forget them after all that...

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM

It has gotten so bad that there are Public Service Announcments for it!! 

Quoting mandee1503: I don't get it. I've never forgotten either kid. I try to understand but I just can't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN