Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you have a college degree? If so, what is your degree?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
  • 83 Replies

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaLauri
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Multiple engineering/Neuroscience PhD. I was an NSF and NIH fellow so allowed to define my own degree as long as I met all the qualifications of one. Not surprising I am an Aspergirl with a touch of ADHD or ADHD with a touch of Aspergirl. Geek Earth Mother.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM

BA in Management: Business Administration 

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I dropped out after three years of hating college and drinking a great deal.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I dropped out just shy of getting my degree in early childhood education with a minor in history. I took a full time job as an interpreter and hated it. Then got pregnant so just stayed home.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Never went to college.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I went to college right after highschool for a few years.  Business/Accounting was my major.  We moved to Hawaii before I finished and I was offered a great job there so I took it and I've made great progress in my field ever since, making good money so I never saw the need to go back.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:44 AM

BA in fine art and a masters in graphic design. I worked in architecture and engineering drawing renderings for 12/13 years before staying home with Sam full time. 

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

That's amazing. I have such an appreciation for anyone who is artistic. I can't draw worth a crap.

Quoting SamMom912:

BA in fine art and a masters in graphic design. I worked in architecture and engineering drawing renderings for 12/13 years before staying home with Sam full time. 

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:49 AM

You are an accountant right? How far did you get in college before you moved?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I went to college right after highschool for a few years.  Business/Accounting was my major.  We moved to Hawaii before I finished and I was offered a great job there so I took it and I've made great progress in my field ever since, making good money so I never saw the need to go back.

zadesmom1998
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM
I dropped out 12 credits from a degree in occupational therapy. I had a severe car accident almost 7 years ago and have severe ptsd from it. I can't drive unless it's absolutely necessary and even that can throw me into a severe panic attack
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)