Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What's going on this week?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM
  • 44 Replies

What are your plans this week ladies?  

by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I start my new job tomorrow...super excited!  It wil be a crazy week with my new schedule and with Brady's respite care worker starting as well.  His nurse will work 7-3 and his respite care worker will do 3-6...this way I have full coverage until myself or my hubby gets home from work.  Once school starts, his respite care worker will go back to her regular job (she's a teacher's aide), and his nurse will do 7-5.  

My husband is off work tomorrow, so that will be good so he can make sure things go smoothly with the transition of the nurse leaving and respite care worker coming.  

Tuesday is going to be crazy as Brady's nurse will be out in the morning (she has to go to court at 9:00), so I *think* his respite care worker will work from 7:00 until the nurse gets back around 12:00-1:00.  Plus Brady has ABA in the morning and transportation will take respite worker and Brady to OT/PT from 11:00-12:00.  I should be home around 5:00 or before and then the ABA supervisor is coming around 6:00 for a meeting with us about Brady's ABA sessions.

Wednesday is a normal day with OT/Speech for Brady and work for me.  

Thursday is ABA for Brady and work for me.  His case worker is coming by around 5:30 for our monthly meeting as well.

Friday is ABA and work.  

We are helping some friends move next weekend...they bought a house a few streets down from us.  

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Morning! 

Today nothing much. It's the only day of my 4 day weekend that I don't HAVE to do something. 

Tomorrow~ I'm off but have to get my son a physical for Boy Scout Summer Camp, tons of phone calls and a Trailer Clean Out for Scouts at night. Plus my 20 year old starts a summer job!!!

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Another week at the feeding clinic and hoping it is less of a roller coaster ride than last week.

I have to take my car to get the emissions testing because I forgot and got a notice that they will suspend the registration if it's not done in the next two weeks! It just completely slipped my mind!
jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, busy week and so exciting with your job! I hope it all goes great!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I start my new job tomorrow...super excited!  It wil be a crazy week with my new schedule and with Brady's respite care worker starting as well.  His nurse will work 7-3 and his respite care worker will do 3-6...this way I have full coverage until myself or my hubby gets home from work.  Once school starts, his respite care worker will go back to her regular job (she's a teacher's aide), and his nurse will do 7-5.  

My husband is off work tomorrow, so that will be good so he can make sure things go smoothly with the transition of the nurse leaving and respite care worker coming.  

Tuesday is going to be crazy as Brady's nurse will be out in the morning (she has to go to court at 9:00), so I *think* his respite care worker will work from 7:00 until the nurse gets back around 12:00-1:00.  Plus Brady has ABA in the morning and transportation will take respite worker and Brady to OT/PT from 11:00-12:00.  I should be home around 5:00 or before and then the ABA supervisor is coming around 6:00 for a meeting with us about Brady's ABA sessions.

Wednesday is a normal day with OT/Speech for Brady and work for me.  

Thursday is ABA for Brady and work for me.  His case worker is coming by around 5:30 for our monthly meeting as well.

Friday is ABA and work.  

We are helping some friends move next weekend...they bought a house a few streets down from us.  

proudmomalexis
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
wow sounds like alot.Darby whew!!! let me know how it unfolds. I have a meeting at school tomorrow Im on the local school counsel. dd has swim class. tues. dd has yoga and pt wed. ot. saturday dd has dance and movement class.one day class. I wanted to go to a concert tonight but ... sadly the venue has alot of rules for the disabled seating.
charley31
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Ryan has school mon-thurs. He has ABA tues thurs fri and sat. PT and OT tues

Nothing for Samuel this week amen
I have work tomorrow wed and thurs.
My moms having her surgery tues. :(
Sunday is Ryan and mommy day. We are going to buy some flowers and mulch and redo my front yard as the snow destroyed a lot of my stud this year. Ryan's really into helping and I like spending Ryan and mommy time. Dh with stay with Samuel as he's still having trouble berthing when it's warm outside.
ProudMeof2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Kids have doctors appts. Since this will be the 1st time they are seeing this new doctor, I have to get all new referrals for Javier. He needs speech therapy, Behavorial therapist cuz his neurologist wants him to see one, and neurologist referrals. I also want her to do a full allergy test on him.

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Good luck with your new job.     A few days ago r apartment manager came up to me and ask if i can clean building. So 4 buildings and 3 floors each. With cleaning everything. So i get paid $20 for everything. And i guess its a good work out. Cause he has a heavy vacume. Bad thing is no cold air out in hallways. And 1 lady said i was doing a good job. But she is mad cause r manager just lets it goes months. And he dont think they looked bad. It took me 2 hours to clean 1 building cause bad.  I have had this job in past but could not keep when i was pregnant in past.

Tuesday-Take chase to doc for his school check up thing.  Need to pack his backpack. I feel kind of weird cause he dont get to see the school or summer school teacher.  before he starts.

thursday the van will come pick up chase for summer school.  So will wait for van to show up at 8 30am. He will come home at 11 20.    And also work on doing a garage sale. R town thinks its the city wide sale. I have try to speak up it in oct but no 1 will listen to me.   So hope we have a lot of people. And worry about chase. It will be his 1st time in a school ! ! !

Friday- Chase 2nd day of school ! And do another garage sale.   

Also when he is in school fine time to clean and workout.

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 4:20 PM

And YAAAA ! R apartment manager told cory i have a job now !  So now it my job to clean.And i wont let it get bad.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Nothing days are good:)  We had one of those today!  

Quoting Cindy18:

Good Morning! 

Today nothing much. It's the only day of my 4 day weekend that I don't HAVE to do something. 

Tomorrow~ I'm off but have to get my son a physical for Boy Scout Summer Camp, tons of phone calls and a Trailer Clean Out for Scouts at night. Plus my 20 year old starts a summer job!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN