Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you have family game night?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

We used to do this all the time but recently life has just seemed to get in the way. This weekend, we did pull out the Jenga blocks and next thing you know, we are playing for a good 2 hours. I forgot how fun it was and how much of a good time it is to play board games with the kids.

Do you play board/card games with your kids or have something like a family game night?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tobysmom103
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

not yet my son is 5 and my daughter is almost 21 months so i might start trying to have a game night soon

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM
We used to do this often, but haven't lately. Like you said, things just get so busy and as my kids are getting older, they have so many other things going on. We need to make time for it, as we all really enjoy it.
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Oh Chutes and Ladders and Hi Ho Cherry O would be fun for that age. My kids used to love those games. 

Quoting tobysmom103:

not yet my son is 5 and my daughter is almost 21 months so i might start trying to have a game night soon

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. I forgot just how much fun we used to have when it did it all the time. When we played yesterday I couldn't believe it had been so long because we had a great time. 

Quoting jjamom: We used to do this often, but haven't lately. Like you said, things just get so busy and as my kids are getting older, they have so many other things going on. We need to make time for it, as we all really enjoy it.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM
No., we don't... But maybe after summer; we should.
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:15 PM

sometimes

mommy2girls0506
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:28 PM

We used to but like you life has seemed to get in the way.  I think I'm gonna make a family game night tonight it's a rainy day and we are being a lazy family today so it would be perfect.  And omg I love Jenga I use to rule that game!  We don't own it now but I'm totally wanting to go get it now just because you reminded me how much I love that game.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:10 AM

No, we don't.  Brady is too little for games like that.  One day we will though!

michele115
by Michele on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:58 AM
I pulled out the candy land and I played with my boyfriend's son. He beat me 3 times. I tried to include my Logan. I fee like down syndrome or not he's almost 4 he should be able to play it. No he tried to eat the pieces and luck the board. I couldn't make him get that it's not real candy. Lol ill keep trying.
Promise11
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:46 PM
No. I tried a few months ago and it was a disaster. My girls are 5 and 2 so I thought I would try this winter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)