Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Chase starts summer school today ! update on 1st day and 2nd day

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

Its bad im up too early cause im excited and worried so i  cant sleep. Summer school is to get him ready for preschool in Aug .  I just dont understand 1 thing. This is his 1st time. I kept asking if we can meet his teacher. I get told no we cant do before. He was going to ride the summer van. But we taking him  this week and  we will pick him up. That way i can meet his teacher ect. I know its only summer school. But this his 1st time away from me. But i think when he see's Casey he will be happy. She just started to do speech with him. And he already loved her after the 1st time. She leaves and he will ask if she coming to play everyday. This will also be my 1st time in this school. Its all the way on the other side of town.

Anyway i hope when i get home r garage sale will keep me busy. I just want people to show up . R town is kind of doing a city wide sale. We all just posting on r own.   

So yesterday chase all excited to go to school ! My friend Nancy takes us cause its her old school. Well we end up walking around lost. And this funny no staff at all. Finally run into someone and she will be 1 of the helpers but she has no clue where the classroom is. So we follow her around. Run into another lady. She also another helper. But no she has no clue what room. So walk around lost. By this time chase starting to cry and saying he scared. 20minutes of being lost but finally people show up and we find we have past his class but finally had his teacher . As soon as i walked into his class and he saw Casey his speech girl. He was out of my arms and all over the classroom. Casey is a helper and work on speech with kids. His teacher was very nice. And she let us stay and watch him. I try to tell him by. And he tells me NO he is staying to play.He was fine around the other kids. And he never cryed casey even text me pictures of him playing. Picked him up and they outside playing. He was going up and down the slide with the other kids. They told kids to get backpacks and then he finally saw me. He came running to me saying mommy. He yells at everyone by. His teacher said he did great. He was also talking away. I asked if he went on the potty. He said no but he said he washed his hands. He was also telling me kids play at the park. And he play in playhouse. And color. get him in car and he asking to go play with friends. Im soo happy he loved it. We will take and pick him up again. He wont understand they get a long break cause they go back July 21.

And r garage sale went bad. Only 2 people. Going to try again today but i dont know why its going to be very hot out.

by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Big day at your house!!  Good luck with school and the sale! 

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I think it's kinda strange you can't meet the teacher first. I hope he has a good time!
ProudMeof2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Please update us on how he did on his first day

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM

i hope it went well

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM

yes keep us posted

Quoting ProudMeof2:

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Casey said a lot of parents not happy. Maybe they need to change the rule. So us moms can feel better who we handing r kids off to.

Quoting arkansasmama08: I think it's kinda strange you can't meet the teacher first. I hope he has a good time!

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:12 AM

update at top

Quoting letstalk747:

yes keep us posted

Quoting ProudMeof2:

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM

2nd day of school chase loved ! He went running into his class.I told him to hug me by. And he did. But then he hears another mom telling her son that she wanted a hug. Chase runs over to her and gave her a hug. Time to pick him and we watch him play with the other kids. He even let them go down the slide before him. As we leaving he is the loudest child. He is yelling BY  BY BY !     Then he mad cause he dont want me holding his hand. He is telling me to get go of hand. Some guy  hears us and he starts laughing. So i grab chase backpack to hang onto him. Then chase telling me let go of his bag. We fighting about what im holding and the same guy laughing again. And this is my son that had a speech delay.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I'm so glad that he had a great day! I hope your garage sale does better.

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 12:21 AM

The last day we did sale was the best day. Today i packed up everything.    And chase keeps asking will he go to school tomorrow. He dont understand no school for a week

Quoting Linagma03:

I'm so glad that he had a great day! I hope your garage sale does better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)