Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Room of the day 7/23

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:39 AM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Interesting...I don't like the black cabinets paired with the brown table in the middle.  That looks odd to me.  I might like it without the table there.  I do like the dark cabines with a light counter top.  Very different...not sure it's my taste though.

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not crazy about the color of the cabinets. If they were the color of the top of the island, I think it would look a lot nicer and the colors would be more in sync. Even the tile is a beige, so the greyish cabinets look odd to me. I like the cabinets too, actually, just not the color. The stools at the island could be a dark brown or black leather. It looks like it has some really nice elements (the sink, the stove), if the colors matched up a little better.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I like it... Its interesting, not typical... the cabinets look like a purple gray on my screen--- paired with the cream floor looks nice... LOVE the farm sink (Id love a farm sink!!!) and I like the gray paired with the white/wood topped island. Hood range seems a bit contemporary for the room--- but it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb... and the tile as the backsplash super cute!!!!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  Looks like one kitchen on the left and a different one on the right, lol.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Interesting...I don't like the black cabinets paired with the brown table in the middle.  That looks odd to me.  I might like it without the table there.  I do like the dark cabines with a light counter top.  Very different...not sure it's my taste though.

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

dont like the gray

nana776
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

The cabinets are a little dark, otherwise I like it.

Is this from the HGTV Smart Home giveaway? This looks a lot like that kitchen. They kind of goofed on the table though, it's too tall for regular chairs and don't allow for leg room with bar stools.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I have no idea. I found it on Pinterest. I don't look for anything in particular just as long as it's the majority of a room I screen shot it to share.

Quoting nana776:

Is this from the HGTV Smart Home giveaway? This looks a lot like that kitchen. They kind of goofed on the table though, it's too tall for regular chairs and don't allow for leg room with bar stools.

nana776
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I always wondered where you guys get these pics from. Have you looked at Zillow or Realtor.com? When I was house hunting, I was amazed a some of the great pics they have. It sure helped to narrow down the choices.

Quoting mandee1503: I have no idea. I found it on Pinterest. I don't look for anything in particular just as long as it's the majority of a room I screen shot it to share.
Quoting nana776:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I hadn't because Pinterest has so much. Lol I might next time I do this again.

Quoting nana776:

I always wondered where you guys get these pics from. Have you looked at Zillow or Realtor.com? When I was house hunting, I was amazed a some of the great pics they have. It sure helped to narrow down the choices.

Quoting mandee1503: I have no idea. I found it on Pinterest. I don't look for anything in particular just as long as it's the majority of a room I screen shot it to share.

Quoting nana776:

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I don't think it's a table, I think it is either a center island or breakfast bar. It looks like it is recessed where the stools are, for leg room. My center island is like that, one side is recessed to allow leg room for sitting at stools. It's only recessed about a foot but is more than enough leg room.

Quoting nana776:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)