Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update to Intro

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

Things have gotten a little better with Ryland this week. We are making strides! 
I took him to the gastroenterologist Monday morning, and they did more bloodwork (still waiting on the results back from that) but his weight from there was 6lbs 8oz, the same weight he was last Friday at the WIC office. So they said they would schedule an appt for us to see the gastro-doctor asap. Well that isn't going to be until August 11th. Under normal circustances that would be okay, but I was very concerned with him losing weight again. So I made an appt with his pediatrician for Wednesday. We got there, explained everything to him and then weighed him. He was 7lbs 3oz. BIG DIFFERENCE IN SCALES HERE PEOPLE. LOL
But that is only a 3oz weight gain in 12 days. So the pedi switched his formula to a higher calorie formula. Told us to keep breastfeeding and to come back in a week for another weight check.
My husband said he was tired of the stresses over the differences in scales, so he went to Walmart and bought a kitchen scale and a bucket. He is now weighing Ryland nightly before bed LOL Last night's weight showed 7lbs 5.5oz.

So we now have our baseline of weights to show, if there is a difference on someone else's scales. I didn't get the chance to mention the other things to the pedi that I mentioned in my first post. But I plan on mentioning it to him at next week's appt.

Also he had an assessment done by Early Intervention yesterday and he does qualify so he will start therapies next month :-)

So I still have no answers as to what is causing all of this, but at least we are moving forward in the right direction.  
Thank you for all the kind words and advice that you have offered so far  

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nicole_2007
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I am glad they switched his formula.  Hopefully it helps.  I never trust WIC scales.  They are always off.  The only scale I trust is my doctors scale.  I hope he finally starts gaining weight for you

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
I'm glad you are staying on top of it all and that he is starting early intervention. Keep us updated.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I hope the new formula helps. We played musical formulas with my ds for the first year too.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Thanks for the update and hugs!!!
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:17 AM

i hope this works out

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM
I hope you figure out what is causing everything. My babies were always slow to put on weight. Every time we went to town, we would stop by the hospital, run up to L&D and have them weighed. I'm loving your hubby's invention though lol
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:10 AM
I hope the new formula works.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)