Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

When is your child's IEP meeting?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:44 AM
  • 67 Replies

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caidysmom
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM
We had her IEP meeting in April. She starts pre3 in an ESE speech communications classroom August 19th
MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Sometime in September
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssasmommy312
by Angela on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:11 AM

most recent one was beginning of June,  to transfer her to an SDC class instead of mainstreaming her.  Im going to ask for another one soon,  She has done so well on her adhd meds and got rave reviews from her summer school teachers that Im going to ask that a couple adjustments be made.  Thinking maybe adding in having her go to a regular class with other second graders maybe once a week,  to work with her in being able to handle that many kids at once.  

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I think we did them in March or April, but we already need to amend 2 once school starts. 

jjamom
by Michele on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Not until January, but we may be updating his IEP sooner to incorporate changes due to the feeding program he is about to finish.
DyslexiaParent
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:43 AM

IEP meetings have to be once per year, so whenever anyone's IEP is scheduled, they'll generally have another one around the same time year-to-year.  Our schools tend to do the IEP meetings in the spring to determine summer services, if needed, and to get things set for the following school year.

dezandry
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I have one on the 15th of this month, 3 days before he starts another new school.
His school got shut down due to funding but this makes 5 different schools since he was 3!
I actually called a meeting.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:49 AM
November.
OhSara87
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We had our first on July 11th with the follow-up meeting July 25th.  

Drake will be placed in a normal preschool classroom with a max of 10 children of his peers in afternoon preschool and will be pulled twice a week for speech and OT.   He will be going 5 days a week.

Currently I'm getting harrassed by my mother (bc i live w/her for now) bc she feels 5 day preschool is abusive.....UGH!!! - she is a HUGE other issue I wish I could resolve quickly - but looks like I'm gonna have to go back to school in order to do that.

letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:07 PM

we all done with that------- i hope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN