Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

yea!! **updated**

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:20 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
We got letters today saying that we were approved as payee for Mikayla's SSI, she was accepted for Medicaid, and I was approved for Medicaid! Such a relief! The other 3 were denied the lower income limit version of our Medicaid, which makes no sense since we make literally $400 under their cutoff. But, I'm waiting on a call back from dhs to see what that's about. But, still, mostly good news for a change today lol

I also had a Dr appointment this morning and everything looks good. I'm 31 weeks, 3 days and my not-so-mini Cooper is measuring 35 weeks lol. She was surprised how high up he's riding too lol.

anyhoo, things are going ok today 😊 we will get an SSI check for September in a few weeks too, so that's something to look forward to lol

** so, I called dhs this morning. They agreed that we ARE under income limit for full medicaid and are looking into it. I also asked them about getting just Mikayla on fs, and they said Arkansas doesn't do that. But, we will qualify in October after the baby is born, so that's something. Anyway, just wanted to keep yall posted :)
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMeof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Glad to hear things are ok today. big smile mini

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Glad things are going well and you're getting her SSI!  Yay!

letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:41 PM

ya yaya yeah

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM

good news!! 

Jenn8604
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:54 PM
They mail checks still? They made me switch to a bank account for direct deposit or get it on one of those debit card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Lol yeah, we'll have to get the debit card set up for it.

Quoting Jenn8604: They mail checks still? They made me switch to a bank account for direct deposit or get it on one of those debit card.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Maybe they are counting her ssi for your income which puts you over? But glad you are getting it for her.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Great news!
Jenn8604
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Their income should not affect her SSI nor should her SSI affect them getting any assistance. She is not their child. They are caring for someone else's child.
Also look into getting fs for her. Since you are caring for a child that isn't yours the state usually makes sure she has everything provided for, so you can provide for your kids. Sounds harsh like she isn't wanted, but if it helps you go for any and all assistance. It doesn't matter that she's loved and wanted

Quoting mandee1503: Maybe they are counting her ssi for your income which puts you over? But glad you are getting it for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:25 AM
No, they count her income as zero since she's not ours. That's why she gets full medical coverage. They never called back yesterday, so I'll keep trying today and figure out what's going on. I'll look into food stamps again too, though they didn't say anything about that last week when I talked to them.

Quoting Jenn8604: Their income should not affect her SSI nor should her SSI affect them getting any assistance. She is not their child. They are caring for someone else's child.
Also look into getting fs for her. Since you are caring for a child that isn't yours the state usually makes sure she has everything provided for, so you can provide for your kids. Sounds harsh like she isn't wanted, but if it helps you go for any and all assistance. It doesn't matter that she's loved and wanted

Quoting mandee1503: Maybe they are counting her ssi for your income which puts you over? But glad you are getting it for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN