Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How is school going?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 51 Replies
Are your kids enjoying it? Both my kids are except Jacob had missed more then he's been there. Between genetics appt and pink eye. It's been a rough start.
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KREX0914
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM

We just started daycare at 4 months old. She kept leaking through her clothes ... I thought they were overfeeding or neglecting to change her. After a week one of the women finally told me they were "afraid" of changing her diaper because she has a slightly different set-up down there. *smh*

barbie_girl870
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM

well its issue after issue with us my son is home bound not home school the teacher is suppose to come to the house 2 hours a day well it still has not happened and i can't get any one to talk to me about why 

heather aka barbie_girl870

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2014 at 3:02 PM
That's awful. I'm so sorry. :/

Quoting KREX0914:

We just started daycare at 4 months old. She kept leaking through her clothes ... I thought they were overfeeding or neglecting to change her. After a week one of the women finally told me they were "afraid" of changing her diaper because she has a slightly different set-up down there. *smh*

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Ridiculous! I hope they get their act together and someone finally comes.

Quoting barbie_girl870:

well its issue after issue with us my son is home bound not home school the teacher is suppose to come to the house 2 hours a day well it still has not happened and i can't get any one to talk to me about why 

Chirinos
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
My oldest hates school. My youngest is ok with it. I'm nervous about the school year this year because in my youngest sons class got a new student this year but he shot and killed his 4 year old brother earlier in the year in a different town. The kid is 9 years old. It just makes me nervous having him at my sons school.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I think my daughter is running the school by now, lol.  My little son is struggling with the change in teachers, aide, and building.  My little one has not been healthy enough to go yet

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Chase loves preschool. He loves the kids and pet bunny and 2 guinea pigs they have in class. And they even have a facebook page and they post pictures everyday so far. I enjoy seeing the pictures of him playing. Chase missed friday cause already sick. Jacob loves school and i even watched him friday push himself all the way down the hallway to get his breakfast on his own. They hook a basket to the back of his chair to bring the food back to class.  This week will be different. Wednesday im having surgery and after i cant do anything. So im not excited about monday putting both of my boys on the bus. Chase only goes half day so he only on bus maybe 20minutes. But Jacob all day in school. And he in wheelchair so he on bus over an hour. They only have 1 special needs bus. And she goes and gets all of the kids and then takes them home. Jacob is last. Im just worried cause he also has autism. And this lady driver is not friendly. When Jacob was on bus 1 day and we pulled him off cause she was rude. And she mad cause we worried we never got told what time he would get home.    

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Yeah that would make me nervous too!

Quoting Chirinos: My oldest hates school. My youngest is ok with it. I'm nervous about the school year this year because in my youngest sons class got a new student this year but he shot and killed his 4 year old brother earlier in the year in a different town. The kid is 9 years old. It just makes me nervous having him at my sons school.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Glad it's going well. How long until the drs release her?

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I think my daughter is running the school by now, lol.  My little son is struggling with the change in teachers, aide, and building.  My little one has not been healthy enough to go yet

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM
I hope it goes smoothly for you next week and both boys do well on the bus.

Quoting N.Carter2001:

Chase loves preschool. He loves the kids and pet bunny and 2 guinea pigs they have in class. And they even have a facebook page and they post pictures everyday so far. I enjoy seeing the pictures of him playing. Chase missed friday cause already sick. Jacob loves school and i even watched him friday push himself all the way down the hallway to get his breakfast on his own. They hook a basket to the back of his chair to bring the food back to class.  This week will be different. Wednesday im having surgery and after i cant do anything. So im not excited about monday putting both of my boys on the bus. Chase only goes half day so he only on bus maybe 20minutes. But Jacob all day in school. And he in wheelchair so he on bus over an hour. They only have 1 special needs bus. And she goes and gets all of the kids and then takes them home. Jacob is last. Im just worried cause he also has autism. And this lady driver is not friendly. When Jacob was on bus 1 day and we pulled him off cause she was rude. And she mad cause we worried we never got told what time he would get home.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN