Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How long of a bus ride for your kids ?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 11 Replies

Starting Monday Jacob and his little brother chase  will be riding the bus together in the morning. On way home chase will be on bus for about 20 minutes cause he only goes in morning.  Jacob in a wheelchair and i was told they only have 1 special needs bus.  He goes all day and then he will be on bus for over an hour to get home. And why we cant go get Jacob is because im having sugery and i wont be able to do stuff. And its just more easy for friends not to worry about taking whellchair apart to get in car.

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnortysMom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 5:39 PM

We don't live that far from DS's school, so DS is only on this bus for no more than 10 min in the morning (he's the 2nd to the last kid who gets picked up), and maybe 5 min in the afternoon (he's the 2nd kid to get dropped off). 

jjamom
by Michele on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Only my oldest will ride the bus this year and she is a HS senior. The ride is relatively short though, about 15 mins.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Dd rides for about 10/15 minutes. Ds doesn't yet. He will when his wheelchair comes in. But it will probably be a 20 min ride. Unless he's last.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Mine was going to be 40 as my kids were going to be one of the first picked up and last dropped off.  Ummm, we're 1.5 blocks from the school.  Yea, no thanks.

letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I drive my son and pick him up , 5-10 mins , very close its nice

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM
A won't be riding a bus this year her friend will be picking her up to go to the college. R will be on the bus about 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. Lina for about 15-20 minutes which beats before we moved and she was on the bus over an hour because she was the first on last off.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 24, 2014 at 7:05 AM

What a long ride home for him!  Poor little guy!  Brady's ride to school is about 10-15 minutes.

gravitt3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Jayce is on the bus for about 25 minutes.  He's the 1st picked up/last dropped off out of 3 kids, and the school is 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic.

jesusrocks2013
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:28 AM

5 - 10 minute drive.

Yamilajigsaw ribbonamerican flag ribbon

Nicole_2007
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM

We live in the country.  We only live a few miles from the school but my daughter is the first one on the bus in the morning so she rides the bus for a little over a hour.  Patrick will only be on the bus for 20 min.  He goes to a different school since he is only in Kinderprep.  Next year when he is in kindergarten it will be a hour

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN