Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I am so jelous

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am jelous of the moms that can surprise their kids with trips, that dont have to prepare their kids so they dont have "melt downs"

I am jelous of the moms that can hug their kids, or have their hugs have them

I am jelous of parents that dont have to deal with melt downs because something didnt go as planned. 

I am jelous of the moms that hear "mom I love you" 

I know I have it easy compared to some, my child is verbal.

I know he isnt 100% dependant on me for everything, even if he is just 9

I am just so tired, I cant even do respite (as in he goes to my moms) because he just cant handle that change. Plus my mother doesnt understand his needs just claims its my fault for lack of dicipline 

I just feel defeated...in a week the new school year starts (I am homeschooling him) I want to get help but I don't want him judged I cant go to my friends because I have already lost so many because I dont go out, its just too stressfull. 

I also have social aniexty so that doesnt help. 

He is a good kid, I know he is, 

Okay I really dont know where I am going with this...I am bawling as I write this, just needed to get it off my chest I guess. 

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:10 PM

We all need to write and cry and get it out. I have done the same thing. I know the feeling of losing friends because of the needs of the child. I have anxiety/panic disorder among others and going out to places with others isn't easy sometimes.

I have a 16 yr old that I would have no problem leaving Lina with her because she is responsible but also level headed and knowledgable about Lina's needs. She is the kind of babysitter that would be good for most anyone with a SN child. She is willing to learn what is needed and capable of doing just about anything that would be required. Do you know other families with a SN child that has teenagers that might be able to get to know your child and then watch him on occassion so that you could get a break for a couple of hours?

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:14 PM
*hugs*
letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I HEAR YA , HUGS

MamaLauri
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Venting is good if you get it out there, cool down, then regroup and move on.

One way to start is to log his triggers. Later, share them with us, the 3 strongest first, and we will give you suggestions on how to help him deal with them, to help him reduce then end his meltdowns. Log his progress on those first 3, so you can see the slow progress. Then move to the next 3.......

group hug

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM
I know how you feel. It's hard. But you're not alone.
If you're not getting services for him, look into it. It'll help him and you'll get a small break while he's in therapy.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Hugs mama...I can relate to so many of those.  We are here for you!

KREX0914
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM

My mom also thinks things like high functioning autism, ODD and ADD are all "excuses" for poor parenting. *hugs* Take a deep breath, mama, and maybe a glass of wine. Things will look up.

Ben2011
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:27 AM

I understand completely!!!!! Xoxoxo

diaperstodating
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Hugs
ATG499
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:30 AM

hugging

I can relate, mama. Take this moment to cry. Get some of that stress and anxiety out.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)