Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

When Was the Last Time...

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

When was the last time you took a moment just for yourself?

A moment when you could just enjoy being you without all the loving demands of being a wife/partner and mom.

When was the last time and what did you do?

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMeof2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM

On the 18th, I am getting my hair done. That will be my me time. Haven't done that in awhile.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 2, 2014 at 5:19 AM
I get a short break everyday while the kids are in school but I rarely do anything for me. I would love to get my hair done or my nails but we don't usually don't have the extra money for it.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 2, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Yesterday...I ran 6 miles on a trail by my house...loved every second of it!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I've sat here trying to think about this for like five minutes.  I honestly have no idea.  Guess it is not very often.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM

That will be really nice. A few hours of relaxation and pampering sounds wonderful.

Quoting ProudMeof2:

On the 18th, I am getting my hair done. That will be my me time. Haven't done that in awhile.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM

That sounds perfect! A great way to exercise your body, clear your mind and enjoy the peace. I hope you are able to do that more often.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Yesterday...I ran 6 miles on a trail by my house...loved every second of it!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Sep. 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I completely understand that. There have been times when I have had to sit down and think about it myself. I try now to take a little time to myself. Sometime I just go to the local coffee shop, order a drink and sit outside and just watch the world go by.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I've sat here trying to think about this for like five minutes.  I honestly have no idea.  Guess it is not very often.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Sep. 2, 2014 at 1:51 PM
I'm in school. That's my me time and I love it! I love my classes!
shugerbit
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:39 AM
When I go out for lunch with the girls I work with, no need to find a babysitter because I am already at work and I can go anywhere I please, it feels like freedom, even if it just the $5 buffet at Pizza Hut.
singlemotherof8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I was alone yesterday with school back in. Only 1 is in school the other was at the developmental workshop. I have no other half just me and the 2 girls. I worked on getting the pants made for my granddaughter for school and looked at a bigger apartment ot town home. 

By singlemotherof8

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)