Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Door Alarms and Locks

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

Some of us have runners or lower functioning children that can not (and may not ever) understand safety.  Do you have a safety system, door alarms, or high door locks to help keep them in?  Mine are figuring out doors now, so need to figure out something I think.

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

high door locks

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

yep, key locks and alarms.. just in case they figure out how to do the key lock. 

mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't. But many alarm companies and even pool companies have the door Alarms that sound as soon as the pieces separate.
jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 17, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you can buy door chimes at Lowes and Home Depot.

We don't have anything out of the ordinary. Alex has escaped a few times, but it has always been through our garage door when someone has left it open by accident. I now obsessively check it anytime I leave the general area, or go to bed for the evening.
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

i wish i had this years ago

Quoting mandee1503: We don't. But many alarm companies and even pool companies have the door Alarms that sound as soon as the pieces separate.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 18, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

We are lucky that as long as we put the door knob covers on, Brady can't open the doors.  I know things won't always be that easy, but for now it is.  We also have an Autism sign on our street to let people know there's an Autistic child in the area.  

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't had that problem but my neighbor across the street has 2 little ones (4,& 2) and 2 older ones (7 &10) the 2 year old has already been brought home  twice by a different neighbor and once by the police. He can open doors and the 4 year old won't tell Mom when little gets out. As a matter of fact the 4 year old showed the 2 year old how to pop the screen out of the livingroom window and climb out. All her kids are nt and she does not have any disciplin for them. I worry that one day the 2 year old especially or even the 4 year old will decide to wonder down the road and we live a block from an extremely busy main road that leads to the mall. I have watched the 2 little ones in the upstairs windows standing on the window sills leaning against the screens, if they were to fall there is only concrete & cars under the windows. They keep saying they are getting window locks and window stops so that the kids can't open them very far but air can still get in. They said they were going to get alarms and stronger locks to put at the top of the doors but they haven't yet. 

I know that there are alarms that just stick to the door and sill and when you open them they make a horrendously loud noise you would never worry about not hearing it, you can use them on windows too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)