Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is up at 4:50AM

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

My son is up early. Usually around 6:00AM but today he popped up at 4:50AM!

What can I do for this? He goes to bed at 8:00 and has a 2 hour desparatly needed nap after school from 3-5. I don't know how to make him sleep any later. I have tried no naps or shorter naps. No good. I tried putting him to sleep at 7:00ish. He just jumped around until 8:30-9. I tried putting him to sleep later and he still wakes up early. Any advise?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Could this be due to the recent time change? His schedule might be off for a short time.

jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM
This is what I was thinking. Since we went back an hour, it's possible his body clock thought it was 5:50.

Quoting MamaLauri:

Could this be due to the recent time change? His schedule might be off for a short time.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Cartoons and dry cereal. It'll save your sanity
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Good luck.
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:56 PM

it may be the time change and he will adjust

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM

It took a long time to change my sons pattern from the 4am mornings. Now I find he sleeps till 7:15am on weekdays and 8:30am on weekends. We put a clock in his room and made a sign that said the time he was allowed to get up. When he could not tell time he just had to match the time on the card to the clock. He only has books in his room so he can read when he is awake before the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)