Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How well do your children handle the holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

How well do your children handle the added excitement and stress of the holidays? With so much going on during this time of the year are they impacted by it?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Robin-Christine
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Thor likes the decorations and lights  so we decorate  early. I have been decorated for 3 weeks already. My tree needs to be somewhat boring,white lights and only one colored decoration. I pushed the  limits this year and added some red lights and some red ornaments,so far so good. I cannot put wrapped gifts under the tree for anyone Thor will open. I do the shopping alone  so  no issue there,in general Thor has trouble with crowds. 

Thor does not really understand Thanksgiving,to him its just a free day. He enjoys all the food.

My tree this year

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:41 AM

If we travel, Brady is impacted greatly.  But we aren't doing any big traveling this year, so it will be much easier on him:)

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Jacob is really calm and good but that cause we just staying home for thanksgiving and christmas.  We will take boys to see santa.And i hide gifts untill it time to open. Im more worried how Chase will handle no school. He gets mad on the weekend cause no school.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Last year was a problem because we were moving during the kids Xmas break. We had Xmas in the new place and she did okay but she had trouble sleeping and had both tantrums and meltdowns. I try to watch her and when she begins to show the signs of getting over stimulated I take her to the bedroom and have her watch cartoons for a little while where it is quiet. As she has gotten older she is getting better with the excitement and being able to handle it. I have also gotten so into the habit of telling her about what we are going to be doing and where and when we are going to be at one place or another that she is better about it. 

jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM
We are super busy over the holidays, but Alex handles it really well. He loves the holidays and celebrating, so that helps!
Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM

My son has a hard time with any kind of imagination. He does not like the idea of Santa, tooth fairy, Easter bunny. He will also break any toy he gets in a matter of minutes. We don't do Santa gifts or from us. The kids get enough stuff from family so we choose to rent a friends home in the mountians for Christmas and spend the time with the 4 of us enjoying the snow and other activities. Thanksgiving is always hard as we go to my mothers house and she gets mad that the kids will not sit and watch tv or play games. They like to run and be loud. 

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM

it all is too much for my son especially with alot of people present

Fire_N_Ice
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:34 PM
For our oldest, we usually have an issue with his insulin, and keeping his sugars in check. The stress can cause a seizure in our epileptic child, but that isn't too common, though it's just something to watch for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)