Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thors oral surgery

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

Thor had his surgery yesterday. We went in blind as we needed to have xrays taken while he was under. Unfortunatley Thor had a full mouth extraction because all his teeth were infected. This was best because Thor also has cardiac issues. Once insurance approves he will be fitted for dentures.He  had some problems with excessive bleeding. We are controling his pain and he is on an antibiotic. He is asking for hamburgers!!!

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMeof2
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM

How is he feeling? My son got cleared to for anesthesia today for his oral surgery Dec. 26th.

Robin-Christine
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Thor is doing well, We are keeping his pain managed with Tylenol 3 and OTC Motrin. He did not eat very well early today. He asked for hamburger and we were told to let him try things and realize he has limitations now. he gave it a good shot,he ate lots of yogurt tonight

Quoting ProudMeof2:

How is he feeling? My son got cleared to for anesthesia today for his oral surgery Dec. 26th.

Cafe MichelleP
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I am hoping he heals quickly and the insurance moves just as fast for his dentures.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Hope he heals quickly.
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM

It sounds like he is recovering and taking it in stride. I am so happy to hear that.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I am happy that he is healing so well. I hope that there won't be any issues with the insurance dragging their feet on the dentures. 

Cindy18
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Poor thing. So young to have all his teeth removed!

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM

wow , thats alot of work done.

hamburgers - lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Wow...hugs to him!!!

mummyoftwins92
by on Dec. 16, 2014 at 5:22 AM
My brother had the same thing. He has fragile x though. He won't wear a plate where he's teeth are missing but thankfully they are in places you can't even notice. He went well with he's surgery just got scared waking up. Hope your LO is doing well :)

Quoting Robin-Christine:

Thor had his surgery yesterday. We went in blind as we needed to have xrays taken while he was under. Unfortunatley Thor had a full mouth extraction because all his teeth were infected. This was best because Thor also has cardiac issues. Once insurance approves he will be fitted for dentures.He  had some problems with excessive bleeding. We are controling his pain and he is on an antibiotic. He is asking for hamburgers!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)