Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son adenoids and tube surgery is tomorrow...

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:59 PM
  • 20 Replies
Hopefully this can restore some off his hearing and resolve chronic ear infections. He wears hearing aid but am hoping the adenoids removal can help his hearing loss. He is 3 and has a unexplainable conductive hearing loss mild to moderate in low tones, it is effecting his language speech even with hearing aids. He had tubes before that didn't resolve the hearing loss this will be his second set and I'm hoping it will help since the adenoids will be out anybody have any experience with resolving hearing with and removal?

I'm also scared because they say tubes don't cause hearing loss but his right ear started passing the hearing test when the tube feel out and was failing before I don't want this to happen again but have no choice on the tubes I swore I'd never get them again but since he has chronic fluid and ear ruptured and is causing his a great deal of pain so have no choice but to do it.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Best of luck tomorrow.

My son's allergies gave him hearing loss and language challenges at your son's age. When his allergies came, he also got a ear infection. He started one teaspoon of filtered honey from bees within 10 miles of our house (same pollen, filtered but not cooked). Once his allergies were under control, his ear infections stopped and hearing returned.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Welcome and hugs.  My daughter is hearing impaired and wears aids.  We have removed tonsils, adenoids, and done two sets of tubes with no change on her hearing.  She is just hearing impaired, period. I hope he has a successful surgery, and you get the results you're looking for!

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Good luck on the surgery. Often, removing the adenoids helps keep them from getting sick (UTI, ear infections, strep) so often, which may help a lot with the fluid in his ears as well.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM
Good luck tomorrow!
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:49 PM

My son is 6 years old. He just had is 1st surgery a few months ago. They took out adenoids. And he always had ear infections so he got tubes . So far he has not been sick at all.  My sons doc said because all of the ear infections he cant hear good. He also has autism and a speech delay. He does cover his ears now if a loud sound. And adenoids taken out. Bad breath for a week or longer.  And it was bad. Doc did warn us that was normal to happen.  I hope surgery goes well. My son was back to normal when we got home a few hours later.

golfqueen123
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Good luck, hope everything turns out the way you want it to!

ProudMeof2
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Good luck and I pray everything turns out the best for you.

dianna985
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:07 PM
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Welcome and hugs.  My daughter is hearing impaired and wears aids.  We have removed tonsils, adenoids, and done two sets of tubes with no change on her hearing.  She is just hearing impaired, period. I hope he has a successful surgery, and you get the results you're looking for!

Is her loss with a conductive component? They said his inner ear is working?
dianna985
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quoting N.Carter2001:

My son is 6 years old. He just had is 1st surgery a few months ago. They took out adenoids. And he always had ear infections so he got tubes . So far he has not been sick at all.  My sons doc said because all of the ear infections he cant hear good. He also has autism and a speech delay. He does cover his ears now if a loud sound. And adenoids taken out. Bad breath for a week or longer.  And it was bad. Doc did warn us that was normal to happen.  I hope surgery goes well. My son was back to normal when we got home a few hours later.

Will he have a fever after surgery and if so how long?
Reese2010727
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:28 AM
Good luck and big hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)